About the role
Triodos Bank is one of Europe’s leading sustainable banks, whose mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental, and cultural change. This is an exciting time for the right professional with a strong commitment to our mission to join a growing and successful bank. We are pleased to be recruiting for an Accountant to join us!
Reporting to the Finance Controller, the Accountant is responsible for producing management accounts and overseeing the day-to-day activity of the General Ledger, ensuring financial transactions comply with relevant accounting standards. The Accountant is also responsible for managing the cost budgeting and forecasting process.
- Ensure financial transactions comply with the accounting manual and IFRS
- Make recommendations for accounting treatment of new types of transaction and highlight anomalies in existing postings
- Ensure reconciliations and other controls and processes for ensuring the day-to-day integrity of the cash book and General Ledger are documented, performed and effective
- Ensure business activities and policies comply with business wide tax rules
- Manage business-wide monthly and annual suspense account review process and follow up on outstanding reviews where necessary. Provide appropriate challenge to relevant departments and ensure robust month-end routines are in place
- Work with Card operations and Operations teams to design reconciliations of LINK and MasterCard transactions
- Review of purchasing, sales, credit card and expense processes to ensure controls are in place and effective
Management accounts and reporting:
- Responsible for producing monthly management accounts and accompanying cost analysis and commentary, for review by the Financial Controller, in accordance with the Bank’s reporting timetable
- Submit monthly reports required by Head Office
- Produce month-end journals and review journals posted by others
- Submit month-end reports required by Head Office
- Work with the Financial Controller to compile the year-end and interim financial statements with support from others in the team
- Prepare half-year and year-end audit files for the bank
- Collate business wide costs for submission to the budgetary and forecasting process
- Carry out cost and efficiency meetings with Cost Centre Managers to discuss specific areas identified as requiring investigation
- Analyse transactions with a cost-conscious approach and make efficiency recommendations
Triodos Bank is proud of its culture, ethos, and ability to make a positive change in society. It is important that candidates evidence a strong commitment to Triodos Bank’s core values of ethical sustainability and transparency, as well as the personal qualities to live these values.
Ideally you would have financial services experience, educated to degree level and a finalist or newly qualified CIMA/ACCA with at least three years’ experience working in finance. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft packages, especially Excel, is also important. Financial services experience would be an advantage.
The role requires the ability to work to tight deadlines and deal with pressure, good organisational skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of the business with credibility and friendly professionalism. Excellent, clear, and concise written and oral communication skills are important.
What we offer
In return for your commitment and hard work, you will be rewarded with a salary of up to £40,000 (depending on experience). We believe people should be properly and appropriately paid for their work but that there should also be a fair distribution of the value the bank generates, which is why we do not have performance related pay or bonuses. Instead, we have an extensive benefits package where most of our benefits are non-contributory. Our benefits include:
- Non-contributory pension scheme from your first day of 8% in year 1 and 10% from year 2 onwards
- Life Assurance (worth 4 times basic pay)
- Income Protection - 75% of basic pay after 13 weeks sick and following six months service
- Private Medical Insurance
- A Health Cash Plan
- Vitality Leave – After each 7 years of service, you will be able to take a sabbatical of up 3 months
- 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum with additional increase in holiday though length of service (up to 5 days FTE)
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days (FTE) to maximum of 30 days
- Season Ticket Loan available for commuting into the office
- A wellbeing allowance of £100 a year
- Voluntary benefits, including discounts and cycle to work scheme
Triodos Bank is proud to be using Rare's Contextual Recruitment System (CRS) which allows us to consider applicants' achievements in the context in which they were gained. We understand that not every candidate’s achievements look the same on paper – and we want to recruit the best people, from every background. Once you’ve submitted your application to us, please make sure to check your inbox, and or junk folder, for an email with a link to the CRS form.
Triodos embraces flexibility and diversity in the workplace and is proud to be a Living Wage Employer and a Disability Confident "Committed" employer. Should you wish to discuss flexibility in any way, please do let us know in your application.
Closing Date: 19/9/21
01 September 2021