About the role
Triodos Bank is one of Europe’s leading sustainable banks, whose mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental, and cultural change. This is an exciting time for the right professional with a strong commitment to our mission to join a growing and successful bank. We are pleased to be recruiting for a Treasury Analyst to join our Finance team! Reporting to the Head of Treasury, the Treasury Analyst supports FP&A, Treasury, and Asset & Liability Management (ALM).
- Monitoring and reporting of the daily liquidity position. Including monitoring of counterparty limits, investments, maturity mismatch, and FX position. Reporting of metrics to Group colleagues.
- Front Office: treasury transactions including Bonds, Money markets, FX spot, FX Swap, IRS
- Provide reporting of treasury positions for middle office
- ALCO LAB portfolio management – Treasury Investment Policy – Treasury Investment Plan
- Contribute to ICAAP/ILAAP/RP optimization with respect to LAB HQLA quality/ Repo potential & capital position
- Counterparty credit risk monitoring including CP reviews, support treasury counterparty relationships and the use of systems involving treasury counterparties (including BoE, Euroclear)
- Analysis of funding requirements, including management of the Euro funding from Group- Manage short term funding and liquidity over the survival horizon
- Liaise with Group Treasury on preparing macro-economic picture, Monitor Markets for opportunities and risks, owner of FX and Bonds credit risk reporting and management
- Responsible for preparing and monitoring the daily liquidity, counterparty, investment, and FX position, ensuring the efficiency of this process
- Provide/review FX quotes for customer transactions and understand liquidity and FX exposure implications and actions
- Propose monetary deposits and monetary borrowing decisions
- Perform periodic review of counterparties for cash management and investment purposes
Asset Liability Management
- Support ICAAP, ILAAP, LCP and RP process management, regulation interpretation, data management & calculations, optimization, document production
- Support the planning, budgeting, and forecasting process, ensuring its efficiency and accuracy, and identifies bottlenecks in the process and makes proposals for improvement and implements the improvements
- Support planning, budgeting, and forecasting sub-processes
- Analyse and challenge business performance, identifying potential improvements, and KPIs to support change
- Track progress against financial and non-financial strategic deliverables
- Identify and track appropriate KPIs to monitor delivery of business goals, and communicate implications to Finance team, Treasury and other CMT members as necessary
- Support in developing mechanisms to articulate and monitor implementation of strategic plans
- Liaise with and challenge team leaders on lending, deposit, and other income generation activities
- Liaise with the Financial Controller on cost and efficiency tracking and planning
Triodos Bank is proud of its culture, ethos, and ability to make a positive change in society. It is important that candidates evidence a strong commitment to Triodos Bank’s core values of ethical sustainability and transparency, as well as the personal qualities to live these values.
It is essential to have an appropriate accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or be progressing towards this. Financial services experience is required. An ability to understand and refine complex financial models, and to understand the mathematical principles behind them, is important. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft packages, especially Excel, or the proven aptitude to acquire such skills, is also important.
What we offer
In return for your commitment and hard work, you will be rewarded with a salary of up to £42,000 (depending on experience). We believe people should be properly and appropriately paid for their work but that there should also be a fair distribution of the value the bank generates, which is why we do not have performance related pay or bonuses. Instead, we have an extensive benefits package where most of our benefits are non-contributory. Our benefits include:
- Non-contributory pension scheme from your first day of 8% in year 1 and 10% from year 2 onwards
- Life Assurance (worth 4 times basic pay)
- Income Protection - 75% of basic pay after 13 weeks sick and following six months service
- Private Medical Insurance
- A Health Cash Plan
- Vitality Leave – After each 7 years of service, you will be able to take a sabbatical of up 3 months
- 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum with additional increase in holiday though length of service (up to 5 days FTE)
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days (FTE) to maximum of 30 days
- Season Ticket Loan available for commuting into the office
- A wellbeing allowance of £100 a year
- Voluntary benefits, including discounts and cycle to work scheme
Triodos Bank is proud to be using Rare's Contextual Recruitment System (CRS) which allows us to consider applicants' achievements in the context in which they were gained. We understand that not every candidate’s achievements look the same on paper – and we want to recruit the best people, from every background. Once you’ve submitted your application to us, please make sure to check your inbox, and or junk folder, for an email with a link to the CRS form.
Triodos embraces flexibility and diversity in the workplace and is proud to be a Living Wage Employer and a Disability Confident "Committed" employer. Should you wish to discuss flexibility in any way, please do let us know in your application.
Closing Date: 27/6/21
11 June 2021