About the role
Risk & Control Manager – 12-month FTC
The Risk & Control Manager is responsible for supporting the oversight and management of 1st line of defence (1LoD) risk within the highly diverse Retail Banking department. Working with other departments across TBUK the role is responsible for promoting a controlled 1LoD risk environment, acting as a sounding board for colleagues within the department and participating in committees and working groups outside of the team. The role will provide advice to co-workers on practices and processes to mitigate risks as well as taking ownership for 1LoD Management actions to comply with various schemes and internal policies, processes, procedures, and key controls.
- Coordination & maintenance of the department’s Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA)-related processes & outputs, including Med/High risk classifications and alignment of actions with other relevant outputs (e.g. Product Reviews, audit findings)
- Lead on Retail Banking-related inputs to the firm’s annual SIRA process to ensure they accurately reflect identified risks and that appropriate mitigating actions are in place
- Maintenance and oversight of the department’s broader ‘risk universe’, including risk registers, risk event population, remedial actions, and root cause analysis
- Partnering with TBUK risk functions to ensure a robust response to issues & findings, including the timely agreement and implementation of risk mitigations
- Lead on the department’s Risk reporting, including ongoing KRI production and related review exercises
- Develop 1LoD risk strategies & improvements which can be deployed across Retail Banking
- Secretariat for the internal Risk & Control forum, ensuring a relevant agenda, papers and MI are provided to facilitate a monthly review of the consolidated Retail Banking risk profile
- Ongoing oversight of those committees from a governance perspective (i.e., Policy, Charter, Templates reviewed regularly) to encompass both the PGC (Product Governance Committee) and the RPC (Retail Pricing Committee)
- Performance of key control testing (or other quality assurance activities) for Retail Banking-owned controls
- Overseeing the Annual Product Review Process (APRs) ensuring that the APRs are effective in their oversight and governance of TBUKs product set
- Oversight of and QA checking of operational processes integral to provision of products and services
- Overseeing the firm’s Single Customer View (SCV) process, liaising with contacts from Group IT, Operations, the Retail Banking Analyst and the FSCS to ensure that TBUK meets regulatory deadlines and accuracy
- Overseeing the annual Current Account switcher attestation, giving assurance on behalf of TBUK that it complies with requirements as administered by Pay.UK
- Establishing and owning the process around 1LoD oversight of the Training and Competency Scheme (T&C) for Retail Banking
Triodos Bank is proud of its culture, ethos, and ability to make a positive change in society. It is important that candidates evidence a strong commitment to Triodos Bank’s core values of ethical sustainability and transparency, as well as the personal qualities to live these values.
To be successful in this role, you will possess a solid track record of experience in a first / second line financial services risk related role is essential. The role requires a detailed and analytical mindset to be able to challenge the status quo. The role requires an ability to independently identify, assess, monitor, control, and coordinate mitigation of risks within the business function as well as an awareness of the wider Risk and Control environment and the challenges facing product managers and the function head.
Familiarity with operational risk framework control and risk metrics is required. More broadly, a working knowledge of the UK financial sector regulatory environment, including the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) business plan is highly desirable. The role requires a clear and concise communicator capable of discussing risk and control issues with senior stakeholders with an ability to present metric information to highlight key messages to senior operations stakeholders.
What we offer
We believe people should be properly and appropriately paid for their work but that there should also be a fair distribution of the value the bank generates, which is why we do not have performance related pay or bonuses. Instead, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £45,000 plus access to our extensive benefits package, where most of our benefits are non-contributory! Our benefits include:
- Non-contributory pension scheme from your first day of 8% in year 1 and 10% from year 2 onwards
- Life Assurance (worth 4 times basic pay)
- Income Protection - 75% of basic pay after 13 weeks sick and following six months service
- Private Medical Insurance
- A Health Cash Plan
- Vitality Leave – After each 7 years of service, you will be able to take a sabbatical of up 3 months
- 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum with additional increase in holiday though length of service (up to 5 days FTE)
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days (FTE) to maximum of 30 days
- Season Ticket Loan available for commuting into the office
- A wellbeing allowance of £100 a year
- Voluntary benefits, including discounts and cycle to work scheme
Triodos embraces flexibility and diversity in the workplace and is proud to be a Living Wage Employer and a Disability Confident "Committed" employer. We recognise that we’re on a journey with regards to diversity and inclusion and would therefore welcome applications for candidates from underrepresented backgrounds.
Triodos Bank is proud to be using Rare's Contextual Recruitment System (CRS) which allows us to consider applicants' achievements in the context in which they were gained. We understand that not every candidate’s achievements look the same on paper – and we want to recruit the best people, from every background. Once you’ve submitted your application to us, please make sure to check your inbox, and or junk folder, for an email with a link to the CRS form.
Closing Date: 26/9/21
10 September 2021