For the Head Office of Triodos Bank we are looking for a Tax Specialist with great communication skills. Passionate about tax. Someone who excels in a dynamic surrounding and who can work with colleagues for whom tax issues are not always their first priority.
You will be working in small tax team for which close collaboration, teamwork and a pleasant working atmosphere are key. The topics you will be working on consist of a broad range of tax topics, with a focus on Triodos Bank Netherlands. In this role you will report into the Triodos Bank Group Head of Tax.
Tax Specialist (32 - 40 hours per week)
Take the lead as Tax specialist to support us at the most sustainable bank
- Provide tax advice or support to the commercial departments of Triodos Bank Netherlands.
- Liaise and cooperate with the various Triodos Bank departments (banking, human resources, finance & control, legal, risk, treasury) on tax related matters.
- Develop and maintain the Triodos Tax Control Framework and participate in various other tax projects.
- Support the Triodos Bank Group Head of Tax on ad hoc tax queries, questions and tasks.
- Monitor new legislation with respect to tax, corporate law and corporate governance and organize proper implementation, both for the Netherlands as well as international developments.
About the role
The Group Tax Department is part of the Group Tax Functional Area, managed by the Group Head of Tax. The tax team at HO is managed directly by the Group Head of Tax. This team presently consists of 4 Tax specialists and is looking for a Tax specialist to join the team.
We are responsible for the day to day tax support at Head Office and Triodos Bank Netherlands level and support the local tax teams with our tax knowledge on international and European level. As a team we are part of the Tax Community of Triodos Bank Group consisting of 10 colleagues.
This is you
- You enjoy working in a small team where close co-operation, teamwork, and, above all, having fun is key.
- You understand the (international) business within Triodos Bank Group, have the courage to ask questions and know how to help.
This is complemented by:
- A master’s degree in Fiscal Economics, Tax Law or equivalent.
- Between 6 to 12 years relevant working experience, preferably in an accounting/tax advisory firm or tax department of a multinational company.
- Experience with (international) corporate income tax, value added tax, cross-border transactions and tax treaties.
- Given the activities for Triodos Bank Netherlands and Triodos Bank Group a strong level in Dutch and English is considered necessary.
- Experience in the financial services industry would be an advantage but is not considered an absolute necessity.
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets something into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,600 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, ecological and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by savers and investors who wish to contribute to an honest, sustainable and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. We furthermore make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: at Triodos Bank we are very aware of this. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society, and this obviously starts with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
Our head office is in Zeist. Before the end of this year we will move to our award-winning sustainable office at Landgoed de Reehorst, right next to the Driebergen-Zeist train station. If you travel in a sustainable manner and commute to office using public transport, then we will fully remunerate your commuter expenses. This is one way of contributing to a healthier environment, together.
What we offer
You want to have an impact
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us as a bank and for you as Tax Specialist. The fact that Triodos moreover offers attractive and just employment conditions is a bonus. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to who you are and what you can do.
- an attractive pension policy
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport
- a company bicycle scheme.
- 29 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
Are you interested?
For more information about this position, please contact Jan Ammerlaan, Group Head of Tax, via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to join our team?
Please send in your application via the apply button to the attention of Coen de Winter, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates. Furthermore, we prioritize internal candidates over external candidates.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Zeist | Head Office
18 August 2021