About the role
Credit Analyst – Full-time or Part-time (minimum 30 hours p/week)
Our Credit Analysts manage our credit facilities and systems, and advise Account Management colleagues, so that we provide credit to suitable customers at appropriate levels of risk, reward, and regulatory compliance. They provide independent analysis of economic conditions, markets, sectors and of customer credit exposures, (including Business Banking assessments of each) which supports bank governance of credit policies, processes, and portfolios.
- Conduct credit analysis of reviews of existing borrowing and produce analytical reports to support daily credit decision-making
- Attend Credit Committee (CC) as part of the collective unit: giving advice and/or making decisions on new credit proposals, reviews, and revisions
- Ensure conditions determined in credit decisions are reflected in valid, accurate and complete Minutes, Facility Agreements and Security Documents for customers
- Analyse Credit Proposals and Reviews
- Make credit decisions on Credit Proposals and Reviews
- Produce analytical reports on papers from Business Banking covering research, economic conditions, markets, sectors etc.
- Take a prime role in the development, implementation, usage and maintenance of Credit Rating systems and other tools, for use with a portfolio of personal, SMEs, charities, and Project Finance exposures
- Implement and document process changes within the Credit Risk department as required
- Input to other credit and bank initiatives and project as required
- Provide information and support for Audit, Supervisory and Regulatory purposes
- Manage relationships with external suppliers of credit information and other risk management services
- Monitor and analyse the reported performance of the TBUK credit portfolio, identifying dynamic movements and highlighting trends for portfolio management
- Produce accurate and timely reports on the loan portfolio at pre-defined frequencies for Local and Group management
- Partner with the Senior Credit Manager and Special Asset Manager to support relationship management of the high-risk portfolio in TBUK
You will have experience of assessing UK business and personal lending and the economic, financial, and legal and regulatory conditions which influence bank lending. Current knowledge of IT systems and tools used to measure, evaluate, and report on a credit portfolio will be valuable.
Experience of lending in UK to a mixed portfolio (e.g. personal, Charities, SMEs, large businesses, and Project Finance) is expected. This enables you to cover all standard duties independently. Thorough knowledge and working experience of current banking compliance, legal system, risk appraisal, and lending practices are essential.
You will have a detailed approach to information analysis and assessment. The technical skills required to a high standard are an ability to display a commercial appreciation of bank and customers’ needs, balanced against risk and return involved in credit exposures.
What we offer
You will receive a competitive salary of up to £48,000 (FTE) plus access to our extensive benefits package, where most of our benefits are non-contributory! Our benefits include:
- Non-contributory pension scheme from your first day of 8% in year 1 and 10% from year 2 onwards
- Life Assurance (worth 4 times basic pay)
- Income Protection - 75% of basic pay after 13 weeks sick and following six months service
- Private Medical Insurance
- A Health Cash Plan
- Vitality Leave – After each 7 years of service, you will be able to take a sabbatical of up 3 months
- 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum with additional increase in holiday though length of service (up to 5 days FTE)
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days (FTE) to maximum of 30 days
- Season Ticket Loan available for commuting into the office
- A wellbeing allowance of £100 a year
- Voluntary benefits, including discounts and cycle to work scheme
Triodos embraces flexibility and diversity in the workplace and is proud to be a Living Wage Employer and a Disability Confident "Committed" employer. We recognise that we’re on a journey with regards to diversity and inclusion and would therefore welcome applications for candidates from underrepresented backgrounds.
Triodos Bank is proud to be using Rare's Contextual Recruitment System (CRS) which allows us to consider applicants' achievements in the context in which they were gained. We understand that not every candidate’s achievements look the same on paper – and we want to recruit the best people, from every background. Once you’ve submitted your application to us, please make sure to check your inbox, and or junk folder, for an email with a link to the CRS form.
Closing Date: 19/9/21
03 September 2021