In the listed Impact Equities & Bonds department (IE&B) we have an integrated investment process to analyse positive impact and business models of companies and organisations that issue publicly listed securities. Within IE&B the analyst team is responsible for researching, selecting and monitoring securities that fit with our positive impact and negative exclusion criteria. Our clients are investors in our investment funds, private banking relations and in the near future also institutional investors. To support the ongoing growth in assets under management and the expansion of the products we want to offer to our clients we are looking to hire a:Senior Investment Analyst
(32 - 40 hours a week)
In this senior position you will have the opportunity to take a prominent role in the IE&B team of around 25 co-workers. Impact investing in public markets requires thorough analysis, vision and dedication.
About the role
The position covers a wide range of tasks and responsibilities. Your focus will be on:
- Discuss, develop and maintain research on investment ideas from which the fund managers can select to compose portfolios
- Perform bottom up, fundamental company research using an integrated approach of financial and sustainable analysis resulting in high-quality written investment cases
- As an active, positive impact investor IE&B is involved in continuous dialogues with all companies that are eligible for investment. A significant amount of your time will be spent on communicating with companies on financial, sustainability and engagement topics
- Present and discuss positive impact investment cases to our fund managers and other internal and external stakeholders
- Develop a network within and outside the financial industry to proactively gain and expand knowledge of important financial and sustainability topics
- Our current analyst team is young and talented. We expect you to support and lead younger co-workers in developing into skilled and experienced investment analysts
The position requires:
- Excellent communication skills and able to summarize complex material both verbally and in writing
- Creativity in finding new methods and in engaging with organizations
- An open, eager, team playing attitude with the ability to work independently
- Strong analytical, modelling and reporting skills and a quantitative orientation
- A working attitude that is result-oriented and self-starting
This is you:
- Feel personally connected with the mission and values of Triodos Bank and the capacity to communicate these and translate them into daily activities
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience as an Equity or Bond Investment Analyst with sincere interest in sustainable investments
- Academic degree, e.g. Finance, Economics or Econometrics
- CFA/VBA or equivalent is an advantage
- Excellent command of the English language as all research is conducted in English, whereas proficiency in certain major European languages could be an advantage
- A valid work permit for the European Union
Welcome at Triodos IM
Do you want to be part of an organisation that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done.
Triodos IM is a globally recognised leader in impact investing. Triodos IM currently manages 12+ funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 6.1 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge in combination with the sustainability objectives and commitment of our partners. We work with around 220 co-workers; diversity is key which is mirrored in an international group of people where authenticity is valued.
We have an open, non-hierarchical and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. The formal language is English. More information? See https://www.triodos-im.com
What we offer
The brand new, sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Rijsenburg, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station. Due to Covid-19 the team works mostly from home. In the second part of the year we will introduce a hybrid way of working: partly working in our sustainable and rewarded office at the railway station Driebergen-Zeist and partly working from home.
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities
- an attractive pension policy
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport
- a company bicycle scheme
- 29 holiday days on the basis of a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work
- a range of education and training opportunities
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home
- the option to join our collective health insurance
Are you interested?
For more information about this position, please contact Henk Jonker, Sr Analyst at IE&B, by e-mail: email@example.com
Want to join our team?
Want to join our team? Please send in your application (including motivation letter) in English via the apply button before 25 October to the attention of Peter Klessens, Sr HR Advisor. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Driebergen-Rijsenburg | Triodos Investment Management
28 September 2021