As a Software Architect you guard the software architecture and coach scrum teams. As a guard, you make sure that teams implement solutions that are aligned with the existing architecture. As a coach, you help teams improve our architecture to make sure that we are ready for the future.
The ambition of Software Solutions is to deliver software with high quality and high frequency. This means that KISS, design for test and test automation are essential. Your wealth of experience as a software developer makes you see solutions for difficult problems, keep the bigger picture in mind and enable teams to make great software.
Your tasks include:
- Ensure teams develop high quality software conforming to architecture standards
- Maintain a vision of our future architecture and identify small steps forward
- Help teams improve themselves
- Facilitate technical alignment of the scrum teams working in a domain (and department)
- Keep a close working relation with the tech leads of the different scrum teams
- Advice, solicited and unsolicited, to teams, business, and management.
About the role
You have extensive experience as a software developer and are not afraid of our large codebase that has grown considerably over the past 18 years. In fact, you will take on this challenge with both hands. You are enterprising and you make well-considered choices. You strive to make continuous improvements, both in technology and in process. You are not afraid to get your own hands dirty.
Your excellent technical skills are complemented by your awesome communication skills. You enjoy working together with your colleagues and having a discussion gives you energy. You treat others with respect, and you cultivate an environment where initiative is highly welcomed. You appreciate a small step in the right direction even if it is still far away from the ideal.
You like to help others and seek depth in your work from the first moment. Personal interaction and working via short lines are important to you. You also find it useful to work for a socially involved organization. You like to take initiative, you are eager to learn, risk-aware and full of ideas about how our software architecture and processes can be improved.This is complemented by:
- a strong connection to Triodos Bank's mission.
- many years of experience as a software developer working agile with mission-critical systems
- years of experience as a native mobile developer
- experience in aligning the work of multiple scrum teams
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets something into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,600 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, ecological and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by savers and investors who wish to contribute to an honest, sustainable and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. We furthermore make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: at Triodos Bank we are very aware of this. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society, and this obviously starts with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
Our head office is in Zeist. If you travel in a sustainable manner and commute to office using public transport, then we will fully remunerate your commuter expenses. This is one way of contributing to a healthier environment, together.
What we offer
You want to have an impact
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us as a bank and for you as head of business change. The fact that Triodos moreover offers attractive and just employment conditions is a bonus. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to who you are and what you can do
- an attractive pension policy
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport
- a company bicycle scheme
- 29 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days
- a range of education and training opportunities
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
Are you interested?
For more information about this position, please contact Jasper de Jong (Team Lead) via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send in your application via the apply button to the attention of Coen de Winter, Recruiter before October 29th. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates. Furthermore, we prioritize internal candidates over external candidates.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Zeist | Head Office
14 September 2021