At Triodos we are currently implementing the requirements of the EU Sustainable Finance Action Plan. Our focus lies on the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation and the Taxonomy Regulation. In the near future, we will begin working on sustainability preference requirements and other forthcoming EU measures (EU Green Bonds framework, EU Ecolabel for retail financial products, etc.).
You will be working under the daily supervision of the Group legal counsel for sustainable finance, who is responsible at the Group level for the provision of legal knowledge on the implementation of the Sustainable Finance Action Plan. In this position you will interact daily with the business units that are implementing legal requirements in their operations, and you will help in answering their legal questions concerning implementation. You will contribute to the drafting of legal memos on specific legal issues, as well as assist the legal counsel with (legal) research activities on broader aspects connected to the EU measures under the Sustainable Finance Action Plan.
About the role
You will be joining the Group Legal Department, currently including the Group Head of Legal, three legal counsels, a paralegal, and another intern. You will be frequently linking up with other lawyers within the Group, both in the Netherlands and internationally.
This is you
- You are enrolled in a Dutch Master of Laws program with a focus on EU law. You have affinity with the financial sector and its regulation, and you are acquainted with the EU Sustainable Finance regulatory agenda.
- Knowledge of corporate law, MiFID II and CRR is an asset.
- You are capable to understand complex legal texts and you can translate them to the specific context of Triodos Bank.
- You are available for 4 months.
- You have excellent English communication skills (written and verbal).
- You are a driven person, intrinsically motivated to work for a mission-driven organization focused on sustainability and impact.
- You work well independently while being constructive and contributing to the team.
- You are result oriented, with a drive for high quality work and legal research.
- You possess problem solving and critical thinking skills.
About usFollow your heart. Use your head. Money always sets something into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our around 1,700 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, ecological and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by savers and investors who wish to contribute to an honest, sustainable and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. We furthermore make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us. People make the difference: at Triodos Bank we are very aware of this. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society, and this obviously starts with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission. Our award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Rijsenburg, the Netherlands, at the 'Landgoed de Reehorst', just 3 minutes’ walk from the the Driebergen-Zeist train station. If you travel in a sustainable manner and commute to office using public transport, then we will fully remunerate your commuter expenses. This is one way of contributing to a healthier environment, together.
What we offer
What you can expect from us:
- A dynamic learning environment with enthusiastic colleagues.
- A challenging internship with many possibilities to develop yourself.
- A permanent mentor for your supervision.
- Internship fee up to € 500.- (based on 32 hours).
- Lunches for interns with lectures by co-workers.
- A research group for research/graduate interns.
- Fun outings, organised by Young Triodos.
Our award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Rijsenburg, the Netherlands, at the 'Landgoed de Reehorst', just 3 minutes’ walk from the Driebergen-Zeist train station. You will meet regularly (bi-weekly) with your supervisor in one of these offices if Covid-19 measures allow this.
You will be executing your activities mainly from home by use of a Triodos laptop.
Are you interested?
For more information about this vacancy, you can contact Enrico Partiti (Legal counsel for sustainable finance) at email@example.com.
Will you join us? Then respond before 1 December by sending your resume and motivation via the green button 'apply now' to the attention of Enrico Partiti.
15 November 2021