At Triodos we are following closely the Digital Finance Strategy and the legislative proposals of the EU Commission. Our focus lies for the moment on the Artificial Intelligence Act and DORA, although other provisions might become of interest for us.
You will be working under the daily supervision of the Group legal counsel for digital finance, who is responsible at the Group level for the provision of legal knowledge on the implementation of the Digital Finance Strategy and the GDPR. In this position you will interact daily with the business units that are implementing legal requirements in their operations, and you will help in answering their legal questions concerning implementation. You will contribute to the drafting of legal memos on specific legal issues, as well as assist the legal counsel with (legal) research activities on broader aspects connected to the EU measures under the Digital Finance Strategy and the GDPR.
About the role
You will be joining the Group Legal Department, currently including the Group Head of Legal, three legal counsels, a paralegal and another intern. You will be frequently linking up with other lawyers withing the Group, both in the Netherlands and internationally.
This is you
- You are enrolled in a Dutch Master of Laws program with a focus on EU law/technology law. You have affinity with the financial sector and its regulation, and you are acquainted with the EU Digital Finance regulatory agenda.
- Knowledge of GDPR, AI Act, DORA, NIS Directive, eIDAS is an asset.
- You are capable to understand complex legal texts and you can translate them to the specific context of Triodos Bank.
- You are available for 4 months.
- You have excellent English communication skills (written and verbal).
- You are a driven person, intrinsically motivated to work for a mission-driven organization focused on sustainability and impact.
- You work well independently while being constructive and contributing to the team.
- You are result oriented, with a drive for high quality work and legal research.
- You possess problem solving and critical thinking skills.
About usFollow your heart. Use your head. Money always sets something into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our around 1,700 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, ecological and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by savers and investors who wish to contribute to an honest, sustainable and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. We furthermore make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us. People make the difference: at Triodos Bank we are very aware of this. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society, and this obviously starts with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission. Our award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Rijsenburg, the Netherlands, at the 'Landgoed de Reehorst', just 3 minutes’ walk from the the Driebergen-Zeist train station. If you travel in a sustainable manner and commute to office using public transport, then we will fully remunerate your commuter expenses. This is one way of contributing to a healthier environment, together.
What we offer
What you can expect from us:
- A dynamic learning environment with enthusiastic colleagues.
- A challenging internship with many possibilities to develop yourself.
- A permanent mentor for your supervision.
- Internship fee up to € 500.- (based on 32 hours).
- Lunches for interns with lectures by co-workers.
- A research group for research/graduate interns.
- Fun outings, organised by Young Triodos.
You will meet regularly (bi-weekly) with your supervisor in one of these offices if Covid-19 measures allow this.
You will be executing your activities mainly from home by use of a Triodos laptop.
Are you interested?
For more information about this vacancy, you can contact Elisabetta Schintu (Group Legal counsel for Digital Finance and data protection law ) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will you join us? Then respond before 1 December by sending your resume and motivation via the green button 'apply now' to the attention of Elisabetta Schintu.
19 November 2021