About the role
We are exciting to currently be recruiting for a Card Operations Support Team Leader on a full time permanent basis.
In this key role you will lead a team of Card Operations Co-workers by managing card services workflow and processes, performance, processes and culture. Additionally, this role is responsible for card services administrative support including chargebacks, reconciliation, card fraud management, data analysis and reporting.
This opportunity offers a hybrid working model with the opportunity for a blend of home and office working
Key Responsibilities include:
- Oversee day to day running of card operations functions.
- Ensure team remains compliant with all aspects of TBUK’s risk management framework, including regular key control testing to ensure effectiveness of risk controls.
- Identify training needs and manage individual and designated team performance including delivering effective 121s, appraisals.
- Lead the team in creating efficient processes to deliver successful banking operations using the Bank’s preferred method for process improvement.
Third Party Processor (TPP) Management
- Monitor TPP performance against targets and address any failure to achieve the required standards.
- Hold a weekly business update and a monthly service review meeting with the TPP.
- Coordinate the Annual Strategy Meeting with TPP and TBUK Senior Managers.
- Act as an internal SME for card related incidents and provide support and advice to internal stakeholders for card related queries.
Scheme Management and Compliance
- Update vendor management reports and ensure activities are carried out in line with the vendor management policy and guidelines.
- Review Card Scheme and industry statistics to ensure performance is in line with expectations.
- Manage the Data Integrity Program to ensure compliance with the rules and mitigation of assessments for non-compliance.
- Submit reports to the Card Schemes as required (QMR, Data Compromise, Card Forecasts).
- Prepare reports for Senior Management including fraud basis points and performance against industry benchmarks.
- Regularly update the Card Operations handbook and reference library.
- Work with the Customer Engagement Manager and Team Leaders to ensure all relevant Co-workers are competent to deal with queries relating to card products.
You will have an excellent working knowledge of card related processes with significant experience in the industry combined with a strong understanding of card scheme operations and business operations with a clear customer focus. You have the ability to lead and motivate a team to deliver high quality work against deadlines and be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
A proven focus on continuous improvement and change to facilitate growth and create capacity combined with a proactive approach to identifying workflow efficiencies within card operations will be key for this role.
Triodos Bank is proud of its culture, ethos, and ability to make a positive change in society. It is important that candidates evidence a strong commitment to Triodos Bank’s core values of ethical sustainability and transparency, as well as the personal qualities to live these values. The successful candidate will operate with the highest integrity; demonstrate a deep understanding of the mission of Triodos Bank and willingness to take responsibility for safeguarding, representing, and contributing to the development of that mission.
Who we are:
Triodos Bank is an award winning organisation and one of Europe’s leading sustainable banks, whose mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change. We finance companies, institutions and projects that add cultural value and benefit people and the environment, with the support of depositors and investors who want to encourage corporate social responsibility and a sustainable society.
Some of the Industry awards we have received recently:
- British Bank Awards – Best Ethical Financial Provider and Best Investments Provider 2022
- Queen's Award for Sustainable Development 2020
- Top-rated by Which? for sustainable savings in 2021
What we offer
In return for your commitment and hard work, you will be rewarded with salary of between £40,000 to £45,000 (depending on experience). Plus an extensive benefits package where most of our benefits are non-contributory! Our benefits include:
- Non-contributory pension scheme from your first day of 8% in year 1 and 10% from year 2 onwards
- Life Assurance (worth 4 times basic pay)
- Income Protection - 75% of basic pay after 13 weeks sick and following six months service
- A wellbeing allowance of £100 a year
- Private Medical Insurance
- A Health Cash Plan
- Vitality Leave – After each 7 years of service, you will be able to take a sabbatical of up 2 months paid leave
- 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days (FTE)
- Additional increase in holiday though length of service (up to 5 days FTE)
- Season Ticket Loan available for commuting into the office
- Voluntary benefits, including discounts and cycle to work scheme
If you are interested in working for Triodos and believe you are suitable for the role please apply below.
Triodos embraces flexibility and diversity in the workplace and is proud to be a Living Wage Employer and a Disability Confident "Committed" employer. We recognise that we’re on a journey with regards to diversity and inclusion and would therefore welcome applications for candidates from underrepresented backgrounds.
Please note, Triodos Bank reserves the right to bring forward the closing date of any of its job vacancies if we receive a suitable number of high-quality applications from which to make a shortlist. Therefore, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible rather than wait until the published closing date.
Closing date: 29th May 2022
13 May 2022