About the role
Reporting directly to the Customer Operations Manager you will lead and support a team of Customer Due Diligence Coordinators, the department’s first line of defence in relation to Anti-Money Laundering regulations and due diligence, to meet their objectives and due diligence fulfilment requirements of an expanding customer base across multiple products and teams.
This role is available on a 10 - 12 months FTC basis and offers a hybrid working model with the opportunity for a blend of home and office working
Key responsibilities will require you to:
- Oversee customer due diligence reviews for all customers. This includes high and medium risk across retail banking. Reviews are performed to ensure TBUK is satisfied with the level of risk the customer poses.
- Maintain effective resource management/planning for the Customer Due Diligence team against team core activities. • Supervise more junior colleagues, and complete monthly 1:1s, annual and interim appraisals for the team, along with performance management. Support professional development and training for the team.
- Provide first line support to the Customer Operations Department for AML and CDD related queries and issues.
- Support Customer Operations Department with EDD (enhanced due diligence) during customer onboarding, by providing advice and answering queries.
- Support second-line Compliance functions with anti-money laundering and on-going customer due diligence training for relevant co-workers.
- Collaborate on future strategy of CDD and continue to improve processes in line with changing requirements.
What we are looking for:
To be successful in this role you will have extensive experience within banking /financial services and customer focused environments combined with a good working knowledge of banking operations processes as well as Money Laundering regulations (specifically Customer Due Diligence), and other compliance matters. You will be focused on continuous improvement and change to help facilitate growth and create efficiencies, alongside a strong attention to detail and an in-depth knowledge of the AML handbook.
The ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers at all levels and the ability to lead and motivate a team to deliver high quality work against deadlines with also be key to this role.
Triodos Bank is proud of its culture, ethos, and ability to make a positive change in society. It is important that candidates evidence a strong commitment to Triodos Bank’s core values of ethical sustainability and transparency, as well as the personal qualities to live these values. The successful candidate will operate with the highest integrity; demonstrate a deep understanding of the mission of Triodos Bank and willingness to take responsibility for safeguarding, representing, and contributing to the development of that mission.
Who we are:
Triodos Bank is an award winning organisation and one of Europe’s leading sustainable banks, whose mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change. We finance companies, institutions and projects that add cultural value and benefit people and the environment, with the support of depositors and investors who want to encourage corporate social responsibility and a sustainable society.
Our mission is -
- To help create a society that promotes people’s quality of life and that has human dignity at its core
- To enable individuals, institutions and businesses to use money more consciously in ways that benefit people and the environment, and promote sustainable development
- To offer our customers sustainable financial products and high-quality service
Some of the Industry awards we have received recently:
- British Bank Awards - Best Ethical Financial Provider and Best Investments Provider 2022
- Queen's Award for Sustainable Development 2020
- Top-rated by Which? for sustainable savings in 2021
What we offer
In return for your hard work and expertise, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £32,500 depending on experience, plus access to our extensive benefits package, where most of our benefits are non-contributory! Our benefits include:
- Non-contributory pension scheme from your first day of 8% in year 1 and 10% from year 2 onwards
- Life Assurance (worth 4 times basic pay)
- Income Protection - 75% of basic pay after 13 weeks sick and following six months service
- Private Medical Insurance
- A Health Cash Plan
- Vitality Leave - After each 7 years of service, you will be able to take a sabbatical of up 3 months
- 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum with additional increase in holiday though length of service (up to 5 days FTE)
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days (FTE) to maximum of 30 days
- Season Ticket Loan available for commuting into the office
- A wellbeing allowance of £100 a year
- Voluntary benefits, including discounts and cycle to work scheme
Triodos embraces flexibility and diversity in the workplace and is proud to be a Living Wage Employer and a Disability Confident "Committed" employer. We recognise that we’re on a journey with regards to diversity and inclusion and would therefore welcome applications for candidates from underrepresented backgrounds.
Triodos Bank is proud to be using Rare's Contextual Recruitment System (CRS) which allows us to consider applicants' achievements in the context in which they were gained. We understand that not every candidate’s achievements look the same on paper - and we want to recruit the best people, from every background. Once you’ve submitted your application to us, please make sure to check your inbox, and or junk folder, for an email with a link to the CRS form.
Closing Date: 12/08/2022
05 August 2022