About the role
We are delighted to be recruiting for a Credit Risk Analyst to join our growing Risk team at our Bristol Head Office.
The overall purpose of this role is to manage credit facilities and systems, and advise Account management colleagues, so that we provide credit to suitable customers at appropriate levels of risk, reward and regulatory compliance.
You will provide independent analysis of economic conditions, markets, sectors and of customer credit exposures, which supports bank governance of credit policies, processes and portfolios.
You will also manage the development of processes and tools which inform and improve our control of the UK credit portfolio.
This role offers the benefits of flexible hybrid working options
Key Responsibilities will require you to:
- Conduct credit analysis of reviews of existing borrowing and produce analytical reports to support daily credit decision-making
- Research and produce regular reviews and produce high quality analytical reports on economic conditions, markets, sectors etc., as they relate to UK branch lending
- Take a prime role in the development, implementation, usage and maintenance of Credit Rating systems and other tools, for use with a portfolio of personal, SMEs, charities and Project Finance exposures
- Manage relationships with external suppliers of credit information and other risk management services.
- Monitor, analyse and report the performance of the UK credit portfolio, identifying dynamic movements and highlighting trends for portfolio management.
- Produce accurate and timely reports on the loan portfolio at pre-defined frequencies for Local and Group management
- Coach and supervise other managers and co-workers in credit assessment, credit rating systems and other tools necessary for regulatory compliance
- Deputise for the Head of Credit Risk and other co-workers in Credit Risk and in UK branch as required
Who we are:
Triodos Bank is an award-winning organisation and one of Europe’s leading sustainable banks, whose mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental, and cultural change. We finance companies, institutions and projects that add cultural value and benefit people and the environment, with the support of depositors and investors who want to encourage corporate social responsibility and a sustainable society.
Our mission is -
- To help create a society that promotes people’s quality of life and that has human dignity at its core
- To enable individuals, institutions, and businesses to use money more consciously in ways that benefit people and the environment, and promote sustainable development
- To offer our customers sustainable financial products and high-quality service
Some of the Industry awards we have received recently:
- British Bank Awards – Best British Bank Runner Up 2020
- Queen's Award for Sustainable Development 2020
- Top-rated by Which? for sustainable savings in 2021
What we are looking for:
To be successful in this role you will have relevant experience of assessing UK business and personal lending and the economic, financial and legal and regulatory conditions which influence bank lending. A sound track record and experience of lending in UK to a mixed portfolio (e.g. personal, Charities, SMEs, large businesses, and Project Finance) is also required for this role.
You will have a detailed approach to information analysis and assessment, and be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
Thorough knowledge and working experience of current banking compliance, legal system, risk appraisal, and lending practices are essential for this opportunity.
Triodos Bank is proud of its culture, ethos, and ability to make a positive change in society. It is important that candidates evidence a strong commitment to Triodos Bank’s core values of ethical sustainability and transparency, as well as the personal qualities to live these values.
What we offer
In return for your hard work and expertise, you will receive a competitive salary of between 42k – 49k depending on experience, plus access to our extensive benefits package, where most of our benefits are non-contributory! Our benefits include:
- Non-contributory pension scheme from your first day of 8% in year 1 and 10% from year 2 onwards
- Life Assurance (worth 4 times basic pay)
- Income Protection - 75% of basic pay after 13 weeks sick and following six months service
- Private Medical Insurance
- A Health Cash Plan
- Vitality Leave – After each 7 years of service, you will be able to take a sabbatical of up 3 months
- 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum with additional increase in holiday though length of service (up to 5 days FTE)
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days (FTE) to maximum of 30 days
- Season Ticket Loan available for commuting into the office
- A wellbeing allowance of £100 a year
- Voluntary benefits, including discounts and cycle to work scheme
Triodos embraces flexibility and diversity in the workplace and is proud to be a Living Wage Employer and a Disability Confident "Committed" employer. We recognise that we’re on a journey with regards to diversity and inclusion and would therefore welcome applications for candidates from underrepresented backgrounds.
Triodos Bank is proud to be using Rare's Contextual Recruitment System (CRS) which allows us to consider applicants' achievements in the context in which they were gained. We understand that not every candidate’s achievements look the same on paper – and we want to recruit the best people, from every background. Once you’ve submitted your application to us, please make sure to check your inbox, and or junk folder, for an email with a link to the CRS form.
Closing Date: 12/08/2022
01 August 2022