About the role
We are now looking for a Chief Financial Officer to join us at TBUK on a permanent fulltime basis
Demonstrating a strong personal commitment to the mission and values of the bank, in this role you will lead, manage and develop the Finance team to provide financial accounting, business planning and management accounting analysis and overall financial controls to TBUK business, and to comply with statutory and regulatory reporting requirements.
You will also have the responsibility for capital, treasury and liquidity management, stress testing, recovery and resolution planning and also TBUK strategy development. The jobholder may also be a statutory director of other UK related legal entities as required and holds key external relationships.
The Chief Financial Officer is a full Board member of Triodos Bank UK Ltd and company director. The role is also Vice-Chair and a member of the UK Core Management Committee, contributing to the Bank’s strategic development and demonstrating strong personal commitment to the mission and values of the bank. The CFO is also Chair of the Asset and Liability Committee.
This opportunity offers the benefits of hybrid working and has an excellent degree of autonomy and scope, however there would be an expectation for you to be in our Bristol Head office on a regular basis to support the Finance teams and collaborate with key members of the Senior management team and other colleagues across the business
Who we are:
Triodos Bank is an award-winning organisation and one of Europe’s leading sustainable banks, whose mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental, and cultural change. We finance companies, institutions and projects that add cultural value and benefit people and the environment, with the support of depositors and investors who want to encourage corporate social responsibility and a sustainable society.
Our mission is -
- To help create a society that promotes people’s quality of life and that has human dignity at its core
- To enable individuals, institutions, and businesses to use money more consciously in ways that benefit people and the environment, and promote sustainable development
- To offer our customers sustainable financial products and high-quality service
Some of the Industry awards we have received recently:
- British Bank Awards – Best British Bank Runner Up 2020
- Queen's Award for Sustainable Development 2020
- Top-rated by Which? for sustainable savings in 2021
What we are looking for:
To be a successful in this role you will have an appropriate accounting qualification combined with several years professional experience of working in a financial services organisation and knowledge of UK and European financial services regulation. The role requires clear strategic thinking with highly developed analytical skills, with proven and focused planning and project management skills
As part of the Senior Management Team of TBUK, you will have the ability to lead, motivate and inspire, taking an inclusive approach and responsibility for both your teams and your own development. Proven capability in managing projects through to successful delivery and the ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences will be required.
Triodos Bank is proud of its culture, ethos, and ability to make a positive change in society. It is important that candidates evidence a strong commitment to Triodos Bank’s core values of ethical sustainability and transparency, as well as the personal qualities to live these values. The successful candidate will operate with the highest integrity; demonstrate a deep understanding of the mission of Triodos Bank and willingness to take responsibility for safeguarding, representing, and contributing to the development of that mission.
What we offer
In return for your hard work and expertise, you will receive a competitive salary plus access to our extensive benefits package, where most of our benefits are non-contributory! Our benefits include:
- Non-contributory pension scheme from your first day of 8% in year 1 and 10% from year 2 onwards
- Life Assurance (worth 4 times basic pay)
- Income Protection - 75% of basic pay after 13 weeks sick and following six months service
- Private Medical Insurance
- A Health Cash Plan
- Vitality Leave – After each 7 years of service, you will be able to take a sabbatical of up 3 months
- 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum with additional increase in holiday though length of service (up to 5 days FTE)
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days (FTE) to maximum of 30 days
- Season Ticket Loan available for commuting into the office
- A wellbeing allowance of £100 a year
- Voluntary benefits, including discounts and cycle to work scheme
This role is designated as a Senior Manager Function within the Senior Manager Regime under the category SMF2 “Significant Management” because the role is a direct report of the UK CEO and has a high level of responsibility and autonomy of action within the authority delegated to it.
Triodos embraces flexibility and diversity in the workplace and is proud to be a Living Wage Employer and a Disability Confident "Committed" employer. We are committed to ensuring, equality, diversity and inclusion and would therefore welcome applications for candidates from underrepresented backgrounds.
Triodos Bank is proud to be using Rare's Contextual Recruitment System (CRS) which allows us to consider applicants' achievements in the context in which they were gained. We understand that not every candidate’s achievements look the same on paper – and we want to recruit the best people, from every background. Once you’ve submitted your application to us, please make sure to check your inbox, and or junk folder, for an email with a link to the CRS form.
This role is being managed by our chosen recruitment provider Lomond consulting, for any questions or initial enquires please contact Gavin Orr at Gavin.Orr@lomond.uk.com 07971 248466
Closing Date: 25/08/2022
29 July 2022