About the role
We are delighted to be recruiting for an Investments Operations Team Leader to join our Investment Operations team at our Bristol Head Office.
This is a newly formed role and a fantastic opportunity within one of Europe’s leading sustainable banks to lead a growing team who are collectively responsible for ensuring that investment-related activities are completed to the highest standards, ensuring customers’ investments consistently receive the level of service they deserve.
This role offers the benefits of flexible hybrid working options.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for operation of key investment processes and related oversight framework, adhering to business obligations in respect of risk and regulatory principles.
- Lead the investments operations team and be an escalation point for queries that need additional attention.
- Provide ownership of controls that oversee the monitoring of client orders, bulk dealing and all associated payment flows.
- Lead investigations and resolution of processing exceptions, escalating where necessary.
- Identify and drive continuous process improvements.
- Lead the direction of the team in its management of risks, including Creation of relevant process documentation, and Operation and testing of controls.
- Actively lead in the creation of appropriate team cross-training and other team development activities to build resilience
- Comply with all regulatory obligations and internal governance to help ensure ethical behaviour which delivers fair outcomes for TBUK customers.
Who we are:
Triodos Bank is an award-winning organisation and one of Europe’s leading sustainable banks, whose mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental, and cultural change. We finance companies, institutions and projects that add cultural value and benefit people and the environment, with the support of depositors and investors who want to encourage corporate social responsibility and a sustainable society.
Our mission is -
- To help create a society that promotes people’s quality of life and that has human dignity at its core
- To enable individuals, institutions, and businesses to use money more consciously in ways that benefit people and the environment, and promote sustainable development
- To offer our customers sustainable financial products and high-quality service
Some of the Industry awards we have received recently:
- British Bank Awards – Best British Bank Runner Up 2020
- Queen's Award for Sustainable Development 2020
- Top-rated by Which? for sustainable savings in 2021
What we are looking for:
To be successful in this role you will have relevant experience gained within financial services or regulated industry, combined with a solid understanding of investments and investment products.
You will have detailed knowledge of operational and system control environments (both from an internal and external 3rd party perspective) along with demonstrative knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements, with CASS knowledge being highly advantageous (CASS 6, 7, 9 & 10).
The ability to coach and support the team to develop, combined with strong attention to detail and ability to prioritise effectively will be key attributes for this role.
An Investment Operations Certificate (IOC) or equivalent industry recognised qualification would be highly desirable for this role.
Triodos Bank is proud of its culture, ethos, and ability to make a positive change in society. It is important that candidates evidence a strong commitment to Triodos Bank’s core values of ethical sustainability and transparency, as well as the personal qualities to live these values.
What we offer
In return for your hard work and expertise, you will receive a competitive salary of between 35k - 40k depending on experience, plus access to our extensive benefits package, where most of our benefits are non-contributory! Our benefits include:
- Non-contributory pension scheme from your first day of 8% in year 1 and 10% from year 2 onwards
- Life Assurance (worth 4 times basic pay)
- Income Protection - 75% of basic pay after 13 weeks sick and following six months service
- Private Medical Insurance
- A Health Cash Plan
- Vitality Leave – After each 7 years of service, you will be able to take a sabbatical of up 3 months
- 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum with additional increase in holiday though length of service (up to 5 days FTE)
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days (FTE) to maximum of 30 days
- Season Ticket Loan available for commuting into the office
- A wellbeing allowance of £100 a year
- Voluntary benefits, including discounts and cycle to work scheme
Triodos embraces flexibility and diversity in the workplace and is proud to be a Living Wage Employer and a Disability Confident "Committed" employer. We recognise that we’re on a journey with regards to diversity and inclusion and would therefore welcome applications for candidates from underrepresented backgrounds.
Triodos Bank is proud to be using Rare's Contextual Recruitment System (CRS) which allows us to consider applicants' achievements in the context in which they were gained. We understand that not every candidate’s achievements look the same on paper – and we want to recruit the best people, from every background. Once you’ve submitted your application to us, please make sure to check your inbox, and or junk folder, for an email with a link to the CRS form.
Closing Date: 12/08/2022
02 August 2022