About the role
Who we are:
Triodos Bank is an award-winning organisation and one of Europe’s leading sustainable banks, whose mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental, and cultural change. We offer a wide range of banking services for people who want to use their money consciously – from current accounts through to investments and savings. We only finance companies, organisations and projects that benefit people and the environment.
Our mission is -
- To help create a society that promotes people’s quality of life and that has human dignity at its core.
- To enable individuals, institutions, and businesses to use money more consciously in ways that benefit people and the environment, and promote sustainable development.
- To offer our customers sustainable financial products and high-quality service
We’re a certified B Corporation, meaning that we are part of a community of businesses driving the shift to a new kind of economy, that is better for workers, better for communities and better for the environment.
We’re excited to be recruiting for our Finance placement scheme, which will be a 13-month placement scheme running from the beginning of August 2024 until the end of August 2025. This will be our second finance internship following hugely successful first placement in 2023.
This role offers great exposure across our finance departments and you will be supporting some of the key finance processes, including Treasury & liquidity management, business planning, Tax and accounting, and management reporting.
You will identify and implement improvements, and have the chance to work closely and collaborate with colleagues across the business.
What we are looking for:
This role is suitable for a placement student who is studying finance or accounting, or has an interest in a career in these focus areas. The bulk of the activities envisaged are entry-level activities suitable for someone in their first professional role.
To be successful in this role, you will possess excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, with an ability to work confidently and effectively with internal teams and external partners. Strong communication and analytical skills with a good working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel. Finally, you will be a diverse thinker with an adaptable and flexible approach and have a genuine interest in positive social and environmental change.
Triodos is proud of its culture, ethos, and ability to make a positive change in society. It is important that candidates evidence a strong commitment to Triodos Bank’s core values of ethical sustainability and transparency, as well as the personal qualities to live these values. We’re looking for candidates to supply us with their CV and a covering letter that detailing:
We’re looking for candidates to supply us with their CV and a covering letter that detailing:
- Why you would like to work for Triodos
- Your understanding of what we do
- What area of Finance is the most interesting to you
- What you can personally bring to the business
- And the connection between our mission and how it aligns to your own values
What we offer
At Triodos, we value a diverse workforce and the contribution each person makes. We believe that diversity brings different ideas and perspectives which help us to be sustainable as a business and that everyone should be treated equally, with the same dignity and respect. Therefore, you will receive a competitive basic salary of £23,400 and a benefits package which includes:
Our benefits include:
- Non-contributory pension scheme from your first day of 8% in year 1 and 10% from year 2 onwards
- Life Assurance (worth 4 times basic pay)
- Income Protection - 75% of basic pay after 13 weeks sick and following six months service.
- Private Medical Insurance with optional enhanced or HCP family coverage
- A Health Cash Plan
- Vitality Leave – After each 5 years of service, you will be able to take a sabbatical of up to 3 months.
- 27 days (Full Time Equivalent) annual plus bank holidays per annum increasing to 30 days after 2 years’ service.
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days (Full Time Equivalent) to maximum of 35 days.
- 5 days fully paid carers leave.
- A wellbeing allowance of £200 a year
- 1 Wellbeing Day
- Free yoga classes
- Co-worker retail discounts
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Refer a Friend scheme.
- Colleague recognition voucher scheme
As well as a great renumeration and benefits package, by the end of the placement you will have gained:
Experience of working in a professional environment thereby improving employability & development of skills such as:
- Systems processes
- Attention to detail
- Building internal and external relationships
- Organisation and time management
- An enhanced knowledge of finance processes, and also working for a purpose-led, sustainable brand.
If that sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you! We recommend that you apply as soon as possible, because from time to time we have needed to bring the closing date forward for popular roles.
You can hear more about what our current intern’s thought of their internship placement, including the skills they were able to grow and develop and what they enjoyed most about working at Triodos by clicking this link https://youtu.be/EjOKmvphgdM
We are committed to diversity and inclusion and would therefore welcome applications for candidates from underrepresented and neurodiverse backgrounds. We value that receiving applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds is key in supporting our inclusive organisation to grow. We don’t want to miss out on candidates who feel they don’t exactly match the job description requirements, so if this is a role that sounds interesting to you, and you feel you could add value to the role please do apply. You could be exactly what we need!
Closing Date: 28/02/2024
29 January 2024