About the role
Who we are:
Triodos Bank is an award-winning organisation and one of Europe’s leading sustainable banks, whose mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental, and cultural change. We offer a wide range of banking services for people who want to use their money consciously – from current accounts through to investments and savings. We only finance companies, organisations and projects that benefit people and the environment.
Our mission is -
- To help create a society that promotes people’s quality of life and that has human dignity at its core.
- To enable individuals, institutions, and businesses to use money more consciously in ways that benefit people and the environment, and promote sustainable development.
- To offer our customers sustainable financial products and high-quality service
We’re a certified B Corporation, meaning that we are part of a community of businesses driving the shift to a new kind of economy, that is better for workers, better for communities and better for the environment.
We’re excited to be recruiting for next HR intern, this will be a 13-month placement scheme running from the beginning of August 2024 until the end of August 2025. This is the 4th year Triodos have offered this placement opportunity within our HR & L&D team and it’s proven to be a huge success.
Operating as part of the TBUK HR team, you will support Triodos in delivering a first-class service to the UK business. This placement has great variety and involves collaborating with and gaining exposure to the various areas of HR, including Talent Acquisition, HR Operations and Learning & Development.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Managing Pre-screening Right to Work Calls and the Screening process, with support from the Recruitment Business Partner
- Scheduling interviews and liaising with hiring managers
- Preparing interview packs and ensuring all interview documentation is complete and stored in relevant locations
- Managing & updating relevant recruitment trackers
- Liaising with external recruitment partners as required
- Supporting Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Providing Ad hoc project support and input on new recruitment initiatives and processes
- Assisting with answering first-line HR queries
- Assisting with activities related to GDPR compliance
- Assisting with data collation and reporting as required
- Ad hoc administrative work linked to the HR System
- Supporting HR project work including wellbeing, as required
- Reviewing, researching, and drafting policy changes
- Allocate and track completion of Compliance Awareness e-learning
- Logging L&D invoices onto the L&D budget tracker
- Design and upload e-learning into the Learning Hub
- Monitor/report on learning evaluation
- Co-facilitation of training sessions
What we are looking for:
This role is suitable for a placement student who is studying HR or has an interest in a career path within HR.
To be successful in this role, you will possess excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, with an ability to work confidently and effectively with internal teams and external partners. Strong communication and analytical skills as well as a good working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel are also essential. Finally, you will be a diverse thinker with an adaptable and flexible approach and have a genuine interest in positive social and environmental change. It is desirable, but not essential, that you will possess an understanding of the different aspects of HR and some previous experience in a customer or public facing role.
Triodos is proud of its culture, ethos, and ability to make a positive change in society. It is important that candidates evidence a strong commitment to Triodos Bank’s core values of ethical sustainability and transparency, as well as the personal qualities to live these values.
We’re looking for candidates to supply us with their CV and a covering letter that detailing:
- Why you would like to work for Triodos
- Your understanding of what we do
- What you can personally bring to the business
- The connection between our mission and how it aligns to your own values
What we offer
At Triodos, we value a diverse workforce and the contribution each person makes. We believe that diversity brings different ideas and perspectives which help us to be sustainable as a business and that everyone should be treated equally, with the same dignity and respect. Therefore, you will receive a competitive basic salary of £23,400 and a benefits package
Our benefits include:
- Non-contributory pension scheme from your first day of 8% in year 1 and 10% from year 2 onwards
- Life Assurance (worth 4 times basic pay)
- Income Protection - 75% of basic pay after 13 weeks sick and following six months service.
- Private Medical Insurance with optional enhanced or HCP family coverage
- A Health Cash Plan
- Vitality Leave – After each 5 years of service, you will be able to take a sabbatical of up to 3 months.
- 27 days (Full Time Equivalent) annual plus bank holidays per annum increasing to 30 days after 2 years’ service.
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days (Full Time Equivalent) to maximum of 35 days.
- 5 days fully paid carers leave.
- A wellbeing allowance of £200 a year
- 1 Wellbeing Day
- Free yoga classes
- Co-worker retail discounts
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Refer a Friend scheme.
- Colleague recognition voucher scheme
As well as a great renumeration and benefits package, by the end of the placement you will have gained:
- A good working knowledge of different facets of HR, deepening your knowledge and best practice
- Development through stretch objectives such as design of e-learning, roll out of wellbeing initiatives and policy review
- Attendance at training sessions run by or for HR team
- Exposure to sustainable banking & how money can be used effectively to promote positive change & impact
- An opportunity to work on a project which benefits the business and your own personal development
- An ability to directly interact with a wide variety of businesses units.
- Opportunities to build professional networks, inside/outside TBUK.
If that sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you! We recommend that you apply as soon as possible, because from time to time we have needed to bring the closing date forward for popular roles.
You can hear more about what our current intern’s thought of their internship placement, including the skills they were able to grow and develop and what they enjoyed most about working at Triodos by clicking this link https://youtu.be/EjOKmvphgdM
We are committed to diversity and inclusion and would therefore welcome applications for candidates from underrepresented and neurodiverse backgrounds. We value that receiving applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds is key in supporting our inclusive organisation to grow. We don’t want to miss out on candidates who feel they don’t exactly match the job description requirements, so if this is a role that sounds interesting to you, and you feel you could add value to the role please do apply. You could be exactly what we need!
Closing Date: 28/02/2024
29 January 2024