When you visit or contact us through this website or submit an application to us, you may provide us with information about yourself. When you provide personal information to us or we collect personal information from other sources, we will treat that information in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this privacy statement at any time by making an amended version available on the website and you should check for details of any amendments every time you use the website.
We observe a strict duty of confidentiality about your personal details and will not give out your personal details to any third party without your consent except where:
• we must do so by law
• there is a duty to the public to pass on the information (such as in times of war)
• the interests of Triodos Bank require disclosure (such as when we have to recover money owed to us).
We will not give your name and address to anyone else for marketing purposes.
We will only give account details and information over the telephone or via any internet banking arrangements if you have set up a password arrangement with us and we remain satisfied that the security of this has not been breached. Unless we have made other specific and documented arrangements, all changes to your customer details or instructions for the operation of your account must be made to our office in writing. You can call us to request that information about your account be sent to you at the address we hold on file. Please contact us if you would like to know more about these arrangements.
We will only provide bankers' references or bankers' opinions in reply to status enquiries made about you if you give your written consent. A copy of the reply will be available to you on request. If you would like to know more about the way bankers' references work and our charges, please let us know.
DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
Triodos Bank NV is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner under reference: Z6794013.
The personal information you give us will be treated in confidence and will not be disclosed to any third parties except where permitted by law or where your consent has been received (see above). The information will be held in our computer and filing systems and may be used in the following ways:
• to process and respond to requests, enquiries and complaints received from you
• to assist us in providing the service for which you have applied
• to keep you informed of other services which may be of interest to you, provided we have your consent to do so
• enquiries may also be made with credit reference agencies and in such cases the agencies will keep a record of our enquiry. However we will only disclose information about you to the agencies in the event of your defaulting on a debt.
These uses of your personal information are covered by our registration under the Data Protection Act 1998. Under the terms of the Act you have the right to obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, on payment of a small fee (click here to see our Tariff of Charges for personal customers or click here to see our Tariff of Charges for business customers )
If you have an enquiry about the information we hold about you or would like to request a copy, you may write to:
The Data Protection Officer