Triodos Bank is one of Europe’s leading sustainable banks, whose mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change. We are excited to be recruiting for the role of Credit Analyst (full or part-time; minimum of 4 days a week) who will report directly to the Head of Credit Risk.
You will manage credit facilities and systems and advise co-workers to ensure we provide credit to suitable customers at appropriate levels of risk, reward and regulatory compliance. Providing independent analysis of economic conditions, markets, sectors and of customer credit exposures, which supports bank governance of credit policies, processes and portfolios.
Key responsibilities are:
- Analyse Credit Proposals and Reviews at a level agreed by Credit Committee (CC).
- Make credit decisions on Credit Proposals and Reviews (at an authority level delegated from CC).
- Advise UKCC decisions to Central CC and communicate with Analysts in Central Credit.
- Conduct credit analysis of reviews of existing borrowing and produce analytical reports to support daily credit decision-making.
- Attend Credit Committee (CC) as part of the collective unit: giving advice and/or making decisions on new credit proposals, reviews and revisions.
- Ensure conditions determined in credit decisions are reflected in valid, accurate and complete Minutes, Facility Agreements and Security Documents for customers. This includes customized terms and conditions and covenants.
- Produce high quality analytical reports on papers from Business Banking covering research, economic conditions, markets, sectors etc., as they relate to TBUK lending.
- Take a prime role in the development, implementation, usage and maintenance of Credit Rating systems and other tools, for use with a portfolio of personal, SMEs, charities and Project Finance exposures.
- Review bank credit processes from time to time (e.g. process for taking, approving, evaluating and updating valuations of collaterals).
- Implement and document process changes within the Credit Risk department as required.
- Input to other credit and bank initiatives and project as required.
- Provide information and support for Audit, Supervisory and Regulatory purposes.
- Manage relationships with external suppliers of credit information and other risk management services.
- Monitor and analyse the reported performance of the TBUK credit portfolio, identifying dynamic movements and highlighting trends for portfolio management.
- Produce accurate and timely reports on the loan portfolio at pre-defined frequencies for Local and Group management.
- Coaching and supervision of other managers and co-workers in credit assessment, credit rating systems and other tools necessary for regulatory compliance.
- Share and exchange skills with colleagues especially in Credit and BB Operations and Relationship Management.
- Deputise for the Head of Credit Risk and other co-workers in TBUK Credit Risk as required.
- Partner with the Senior Credit Manager and Special Asset Manager to support relationship management of the high risk portfolio in TBUK.
Triodos Bank is proud of its culture, ethos and ability to make a positive change in society. It is important that candidates evidence a strong commitment to Triodos Bank’s core values of ethical sustainability and transparency, as well as the personal qualities to live these values.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience of assessing UK business and personal lending and the economic, financial and legal and regulatory conditions which influence bank lending. A track record of lending to a mixed portfolio (e.g. personal, Charities, SMEs, large businesses, and Project Finance) is expected and current knowledge of IT systems and tools used to measure, evaluate and report on a credit portfolio will be valuable. Working experience and knowledge of current banking compliance, legal system, risk appraisal, and lending practices are essential.
In return for your commitment and hard work, you will be rewarded with a salary between £40,000 – 45,000p.a, plus a benefits package including:
- Non-contributory pension scheme from your first day of 8% in year 1 and 10% from year 2 onwards.
- Life Assurance (worth 4 times basic pay).
- Income Protection - 75% of basic pay after 13 weeks sick and following six months service.
- A wellbeing allowance of £100 a year.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- A Health Cash Plan.
- Vitality Leave – After each 7 years of service, you will be able to take a sabbatical of up 2 months paid leave.
- 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum.
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days (FTE).
- Additional increase in holiday though length of service (up to 5 days FTE).
- Season Ticket Loan available for commuting into the office.
- Voluntary benefits, including discounts and cycle to work scheme.
Triodos is an organisation that embraces flexibility with regards to our working patterns. Should you wish to discuss flexibility in any way, please do let us in in your application. For this opportunity, we are open to both full-time and part-time applications (at least equivalent to a 4-day working week). Please email your CV with a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for Triodos and be suitable for the role to HR@triodos.co.uk
Please note, Triodos Bank reserves the right to bring forward the closing date of any of its job vacancies if we receive a suitable number of high-quality applications from which to make a shortlist. Therefore, we recommend that you apply for one of our roles as soon as possible rather than wait until the published closing date.