Triodos Bank is one of Europe’s leading sustainable banks, whose mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change. We are pleased to be recruiting for the role of Senior Corporate Finance Manager to join us on full-time or part-time (minimum 3 days per week) basis for a 10-month FTC.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Finance, the Senior Corporate Finance Manager will be responsible for taking a leading role in helping to drive the continued development of the Corporate Finance division within the UK branch of Triodos Bank. This role will be giving advice in connection with corporate finance business or performing other functions related to this, as well as dealing, as principal or as agent, and arranging deals in investments other than a non-investment insurance contract with, for, or in connection with clients. Other main areas of responsibility include:
- Managing a portfolio of corporate finance mandates on behalf of clients from engagement through to completion
- Producing and approving investment memoranda and prospectus documents for capital raising projects for clients, including close management of these through the Bank’s required internal processes
- Structuring investment products from an optimal financial and taxation perspective in conjunction with external advisers
- Building, developing and maintaining relationships with ethical investors, including private individuals, private banks, trusts, institutions and intermediaries and distributing investment products to these groups
- Contributing to the development of new investment products in areas such as renewable energy, social enterprises and the organic sector
- Working closely with the Investor Relations function within the Corporate Finance team to ensure products are marketed successfully to existing and potential customers
- Taking a proactive role in new product development and designing improvements to existing processes within the department
- Maintaining clear systems for relationship management with both existing clients and investors and adhering to internal policies, procedures and processes
- Keeping abreast of sector news – including new developments, policy changes and players in the sector
- Developing, structuring and leading on ad hoc projects which may include M&A, valuations, financial modelling and other advisory work
- Building and maintaining relationships with other senior professionals and multipliers within the UK corporate finance community
- Taking a proactive and personal role in business development – including initiating marketing ideas, pitching to prospective clients and networking with known deal multipliers
An extensive experience in corporate finance advisory including mergers and acquisitions, capital raising, valuations and due diligence reporting is required to be successful in this role. A proven track record and ability to originate, develop and maintain client relationships at a senior level, whilst retaining astute business judgement. Experience of successfully project managing a range of corporate finance transactions from engagement through to completion. Business development experience including conversion of potential leads into mandates, presenting at industry conferences and events and engagement with press – including drafting press releases and interviews with journalists. A degree level qualification or equivalent in a business or financial field (ideally ACA, CIMA or MBA). At least five years post qualification corporate finance experience.
In return for your commitment and hard work, you will receive a competitive basic of between £56,600 to £66,600 (FTE), depending on experience, plus a benefits package including:
- Non-contributory pension scheme from your first day of 5% in year 1 and 10% from year 2 onwards
- Life Assurance (worth 4 times basic pay)
- Income Protection - 75% of basic pay after 13 weeks sick and following six months service
- A wellbeing allowance of £100 a year
- Private Medical Insurance
- A Health Cash Plan
- Vitality Leave – After each 7 years of service, you will be able to take a sabbatical of up 2 months paid leave
- 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days (FTE)
- Additional increase in holiday though length of service (up to 5 days FTE)
- Season Ticket Loan available for commuting into the office
- Voluntary benefits, including discounts and childcare vouchers
This role is designated as a Certification Regime role within the Senior Managers and Certification Regime under the category “Client Dealing Function” because of the functions delegated to it.
Please email your CV with a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for Triodos and be suitable for the role to HR@triodos.co.uk
Please note, Triodos Bank reserves the right to bring forward the closing date of any of its job vacancies in the event that we receive a suitable number of high quality applications from which to make a shortlist. Therefore, we recommend that you apply for one of our roles as soon as possible rather than wait until the published closing date. Triodos Bank is a Living Wage employer and embraces diversity in the workplace.