Vitas Jordan is a non-bank financial institution founded as the Middle East Micro Credit Company (MEMCC). The company has been providing credit to the underserved communities of Jordan since 1998 and has become one of the largest microfinance institutions in the country.
The institution offers a diverse selection of loan products, ranging from microloans to female entrepreneurs, to medium-sized loans to small factories.
Triodos Microfinance Fund and Triodos Fair Share Fund has provided Vitas Jordan a loan to facilitate further growth in the number of client it serves.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2014:
- number of loan clients: 7,511
- percentage female clients: 60%
- percentage rural clients: 0%
- average loan amount: EUR 1,749
- number of savings clients: -