LOLC Micro Credit Ltd
LOLC Micro Credit Ltd. (LOMC) in Sri Lanka is part of the successful Lanka Orix Leasing Group. Lanka Orix Leasing Group has built up a solid position since 1980 as a lease and insurance company. LOMC was set up in 2009 to take over part of Lanka Orix Leasing Group's microleasing portfolio. LOMC primarily focuses on rural areas in Sri Lanka, offering leasing products to farmers and group loans to women. Triodos Microfinance Fund and Triodos Fair Share Fund have provided LOMC with a loan to enable it to expand its loan portfolio further.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2015:
- number of loan clients: 314,602
- percentage female clients: 78%
- percentage rural clients: 90%
- average loan amount: EUR 745
- number of savings clients: -