The service allows you to transfer your regular payments from another bank, on a switch date that suits you. Plus it's backed by the Current Account Switch Guarantee.
If you're new to Triodos Bank then you'll need to apply for a current account online. Once your account is set up you'll have access to the Current Account Switch Service application form via internet banking.
Or if you're already a Triodos Bank current account customer, you'll need to log in to internet banking to complete the application form.
The 7 day switch process
- Day 1: We'll contact your bank to get the switch underway.
- Day 2: As soon as your bank accepts the request, we'll contact you to let you know.
- Days 3-6: We'll transfer all your regular payments across to your new account.
- Day 7: If you have money in your old account, we'll transfer it to your new account, along with your regular payments.
- Day 8: Payments sent to or requested from your old account will be redirected to your new account.
If Triodos agrees, bank accounts that include an overdraft can switch using the Current Account Switch Service. If you’d like to have an overdraft with your new bank account, speak to us before starting your switch. We will be able to advise if you’re eligible for an overdraft, dependent on our lending criteria and your credit status.
What happens after the switch?
Payments sent to or requested from your old account will be redirected to your new account.
Want to know more?
These handy downloads will tell you more about the Current Account Switch Service.