AccessBank Tanzania is a full-fledged commercial bank with a focus on micro, small and medium-sized enterprises. It started its operations in 2007 and is mainly active in Dar Es Salaam, the capital city of Tanzania. The bank is entering a new interesting phase with the launch of mobile banking services and agricultural loan products, with which it wants to expand into more rural areas. In light of these developments, Triodos Microfinance Fund and Triodos Fair Share Fund have provided a loan to AccessBank Tanzania.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2015:
- number of loan clients: 32,078
- percentage female clients: 31%
- percentage rural clients: 2%
- average loan amount: EUR 2,039
- number of savings clients: 210,571