Sonata Finance (Sonata), founded in 2006, is a credit-only microfinance institution that operates in the northern states of India. Sonata offers mainly group loans to women living in rural areas. In addition, Sonata offers remittance services. Sonata's mission is to contribute to the socio-economic development of poor families. Around 85% of its customers earn below two US dollars a day.
Triodos Fair Share Fund and Triodos Microfinance Fund have provided a loan to Sonata to realise its growth ambitions.
Key INDICATORS as of 31 December 2015:
- number of loan clients: 519,179
- percentage female clients: 100%
- percentage rural clients: 70%
- average loan amount: EUR 230
- number of savings clients: -