Fondo de Desarrollo Regional (FONDESURCO) started its operations in 1994 with the mission to develop – both economically and socially - the rural sector in the south of Peru through credit and services. It offers both individual and group loans and has also added insurance products to its offering. One of the special products they offer is a loan to finance to purchase of solar panels. Hivos-Triodos Fund has provided a loan to FONDESURCO.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2015:
- number of loan clients: 10,632
- percentage female clients: 43%
- percentage rural clients: 84%
- average loan amount: EUR 1,563
- number of savings clients: 2,343