I was born in the United States but have lived abroad my entire life. Do I need to complete the self-certification form?

Yes, regardless of your current residence or citizenship status, if you were born in the United States, you may be subject to US tax laws and reporting requirements. It is essential to provide accurate information on the self-certification form to determine your tax residency status and ensure compliance with the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and the Common Reporting Standard (CRS).

Related FAQs

Find what you were looking for?

Search our help and support section for more

Go to help and support