By completing an application for any of our accounts online you are automatically registered for Internet Banking and can manage your account online.
If your application was made by post then Internet Banking access is available for the following accounts:
- Triodos Saver
- Triodos Cash ISA
- Triodos Regular Saver
- Triodos Fixed Regular Saver
- Triodos Online Cash ISA (TOISA)
You can also access the Triodos Right Start Saver account online but you can't make payments from this account.
If you want to apply to manage your existing Triodos account online, download the application form below or call us on 0330 355 0355 and we'll send you one. Before completing an application form please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions for personal savings accounts below.
You can open a Triodos Ethical Junior Cash ISA account, and transfer the funds from your Right Start Saver into it, subject to the Junior ISA allowance of £4,368 for the 2019/20 tax year.
A child must be aged between 7 and 15 to open a Right Start Saver for themselves, or 16 or 17 to open an Ethical Junior Cash ISA themselves. Alternatively both our Right Start Saver and Ethical Junior Cash ISA accounts can be opened by adults with parental responsibility for a child. This is to make sure we have the appropriate consent to hold personal data for the child. Once the account is open, funds can be paid in by anyone.
From the age of 16, the account must be held in the name of the young person. We’ll be in touch at the time to let you know what you need to do.
A nominated account is an account in your name(s) with either another bank/building society, or an existing Triodos account that allows you to transfer funds.
You need a nominated account for when applying for one of our accounts online and your opening deposit must be made by electronic transfer from your nominated account. Also if you want to transfer money from your account online, you must do so to your nominated account.
You need to be a UK resident to be eligible to apply for any of our savings and deposit accounts.
When you input the sort code and account number to set up your nominated account we will check that the details are valid. If we can identify that the sort code or account number are invalid you will receive an error message on the screen.
If this happens please review the account details you have entered to confirm they are correct.
The person with legal parental responsibility who opened the account. When the account holder turns 16 the child may apply to be the account operator.
To top up a Triodos Cash ISA:
- Make a transfer from another account (either an account with another provider or another Triodos account that allows withdrawals)
- Transfer by cheque if the Triodos cash ISA you want to subscribe to accepts cheques - contact us if you are not sure on 0330 355 0355 or +44 (0)117 973 9339 if calling from abroad
The Triodos sort code is 16-58-10 and you can find your Triodos cash ISA account number on your statements. If you want to deposit a cheque, please post it along with a paying-in slip to:
Freepost TRIODOS BANK
No. The money can't be taken out until the child is 18.
If you wanted to take the money out of the Junior Cash ISA you must contact HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) visit www.hmrc.gov.uk.
Yes. As long as the child was a UK resident when the Junior cash ISA was opened, you will still be able to pay into the Junior cash ISA even though you and/or the child have moved abroad.
To set up a Junior Cash ISA for a child, the parent or person with legal parental responsibility for the child will need to be identified. We also need the child’s original birth certificate, original NHS card or a certified copy of their passport. All certified copies must be in colour. We’ll return original documents by registered post. To help us verify the identity of customers opening an account we may make an electronic search, using the information you supply. In some instances we may need to ask you to send in further information or documents.
Certifiers must clearly write that they have seen the original document, and that the photograph, if applicable, represents a true likeness of the individual. They must also include their full name, profession, business address, phone number and the date they certified the document.
The following people can certify documents for you:
- Accountants (registered with either ICAEW, ICAS, CAI, ACCA, CIPFA or CIMA)
- Post Office – a fee may be charged for using this service
- Bank staff (must include branch stamp)
A child may only hold one Junior cash ISA and one Junior stocks and shares ISA at any time and cannot hold a Junior ISA and a Child Trust Fund at the same time.
You can however apply to transfer a Junior ISA or a Child Trust Fund from one provider to another. You can also transfer between the different types of Junior ISA, in either direction.Junior ISA
- Transfers of current year’s subscriptions or transfers between the same type of Junior ISA must always be done in full.
- Partial transfers can only be done if they are previous years’ subscriptions and you are moving the subscriptions between different Junior ISA types e.g. Junior cash to Junior stocks and shares or Junior stocks and shares to Junior cash.
- The whole of the Child Trust Fund must be transferred and the Child Trust Fund subsequently closed.
- The annual subscription allowance for a Child Trust Fund is based on the child’s birth year while Junior ISA subscriptions are based on tax years. When a transfer of a Child Trust Fund to a Junior ISA has been made, the child can use the full Junior ISA subscription allowance for the tax year in which the transfer takes place regardless of any subscriptions made to the Child Trust Fund in that year. This only occurs in the tax year in which the Child Trust Fund is transferred, in subsequent years only the Junior ISA allowance can be used.
Yes. You can open an Ethical Junior Cash ISA and request that your Child Trust Fund is transferred to us. See the Ethical Junior Cash ISA page for more information.
When your child becomes 16 they can become the Account operator and manage their own account if they want to.
Within a couple of days from when your online only account is opened, or an existing account has been set up with internet banking, we'll send your username by email, and your unique password by post. Please contact us if they don't arrive.
If you open a new account, and you already have internet banking access for another account, you can use your existing username and password.
Yes, you can change the adult operator on a JISA by completing a change of account operator form. Only one adult is able to operate the account.
Regardless of who put the money into the Junior Cash ISA, the money in the account belongs to the child. It is only the child that can make withdrawals once they turn 18.
Each child can have one Junior cash ISA and one Junior stocks and shares ISA at any one time. These can be with different providers.
A child cannot hold both a Junior ISA and a Child Trust Fund, with the same or different providers.
Anybody can deposit money into a child's Junior Cash ISA.
Before the child turns 18 we will contact you to confirm that the Triodos Ethical Junior Cash ISA will become a Triodos Cash ISA on the child’s 18th birthday. After this date the child can decide what they wish to do with the account/funds.
A Junior cash ISA can only be opened by a person with legal parental responsibility for the child. The person applying must be aged 16 or over. If the child is 16 years old, the child may open the account themselves.
When you pay funds into your Account, your funds will start earning interest from the day the funds are paid into your Account.