The recruitment process
- Your Application
Once you have found a job you would like to apply for, please send your CV and a covering letter to our HR Team at email@example.com.
Your CV is a chance to make you, your relevant skills and your career history stand out.
- Keep your CV clear and concise
- Tailor your application to the role you are applying for to ensure you stand out as much as possible
- Present your skills and experiences in a timeline format with your most recent achievements first
- Make sure the information you provide us with is easy to read and in a logical order - bullet points are a good way to break up information
- Show yourself in the best possible light, by taking your time and making sure you don't leave anything important out
- Explain any gaps in employment or education
Working for Triodos Bank is not just about your skills and experience, it is also about a connection to our values and mission. Your covering letter is a great way to detail your passion and reasons for wanting to work for Triodos and to highlight any skills and achievements that may support your application. Make sure you also let us know your salary expectations.
- Telephone interview
If your skills and experience are relevant for the role you have applied for, you may be asked initially to take part in a telephone interview.
This is a great opportunity for you to talk to a member of the team, ask us any questions, and answer some competency based questions that are relevant to the role you have applied for.
To prepare a for a telephone interview, make sure that you:
- Have researched the role and our business before the call
- Find a quiet location with plenty of phone signal and minimal background noise so you and your interviewer can hear each other
- Listen to the question carefully. Take your time to think about your answers, and if possible use real life examples to help demonstrate your abilities.
- Face-to-Face Interview
The next stage, if your application is successful, will be an invitation to a face-to-face interview. We truly believe that interviews are a two way process; we'll be able to find out more about you and ask some competency based questions to learn about your skills and career history, and you'll get the chance to ask us any questions you may have about us and the role.
To prepare for your face-to-face interview, make sure you:
- Check the date, time, and location of your interview and plan your journey
- Sell yourself - This is your opportunity to make a great impression. Use examples from your career to support the answer to the questions you are asked
- Always remember to be yourself! We want to you to enjoy your experience with us, so relax, listen to the questions, and speak clearly and confidently.
- Ability & Psychometric Testing
Depending on the job that you are applying for, you may be asked to complete some form of ability and psychometric tests as part of the selection process.
Ability tests are designed to assess your aptitude and the professional attributes needed for the role. Psychometric tests are designed to find out more about your motivations as an individual within the workplace. As this type of test is about what motivates you, there are no right or wrong answers.
With both types of tests, always make sure you are in a quiet location, with plenty of time, and no distractions.