The person with legal parental responsibility who opened the account. When the account holder turns 16 the child may apply to be the account operator.
Yes, you can change your existing Triodos cash ISA to one of the following types of Triodos cash ISAs:
- Triodos Online Cash ISA
- Triodos Cash ISA
- Triodos Two Year Fixed Rate Cash ISA
- Triodos Three Year Fixed Rate Cash ISA
Changes to a different type of Triodos cash ISA are not permitted from Triodos Ethical Junior Cash ISAs or non-ISA savings accounts.
Once you've decided which cash ISA suits you best, you can change the type of your Triodos Cash ISA to one of our other cash ISAs by completing and posting us the form below.
Before downloading the form to change your account type, please make sure you have read the following;
- Summary Box for your chosen cash ISA
- Personal Banking Terms and Conditions
- Tariff of charges for Personal Customers
- Deposit Guarantee Scheme – Depositor Information Sheet
Once you have read the important information above please download, print and complete the form below, then post it to us at:
Freepost TRIODOS BANK
On receipt of a completed request, we will change the type of cash ISA you hold, the balance of your account and your account number will remain the same. All money held in the account will maintain its tax-free status and the change will not affect your subscription allowance. We will write to you to confirm when we have actioned your request.
Yes. As long as the child was a UK resident when the Junior cash ISA was opened, you will still be able to pay into the Junior cash ISA even though you and/or the child have moved abroad.
You can open a Triodos Ethical Junior Cash ISA account, and transfer the funds from your Right Start Saver into it, subject to the Junior ISA allowance of £4,260 for the 2018/2019 tax year.
A child may only hold one Junior cash ISA and one Junior stocks and shares ISA at any time and cannot hold a Junior ISA and a Child Trust Fund at the same time.
You can however apply to transfer a Junior ISA or a Child Trust Fund from one provider to another. You can also transfer between the different types of Junior ISA, in either direction.Junior ISA
- Transfers of current year’s subscriptions or transfers between the same type of Junior ISA must always be done in full.
- Partial transfers can only be done if they are previous years’ subscriptions and you are moving the subscriptions between different Junior ISA types e.g. Junior cash to Junior stocks and shares or Junior stocks and shares to Junior cash.
- The whole of the Child Trust Fund must be transferred and the Child Trust Fund subsequently closed.
- The annual subscription allowance for a Child Trust Fund is based on the child’s birth year while Junior ISA subscriptions are based on tax years. When a transfer of a Child Trust Fund to a Junior ISA has been made, the child can use the full Junior ISA subscription allowance for the tax year in which the transfer takes place regardless of any subscriptions made to the Child Trust Fund in that year. This only occurs in the tax year in which the Child Trust Fund is transferred, in subsequent years only the Junior ISA allowance can be used.
Yes. You can open an Ethical Junior Cash ISA and request that your Child Trust Fund is transferred to us. See the Ethical Junior Cash ISA page for more information.
When your child becomes 16 they can become the Account operator and manage their own account if they want to.
By completing an application for any of our accounts online you are automatically registered for Internet Banking and can manage your account online.
If your application was made by post then Internet Banking access is available for the following accounts:
- Triodos Saver
- Triodos Cash ISA
- Triodos Regular Saver
- Triodos Fixed Regular Saver
- Triodos Online Cash ISA (TOISA)
You can also access the Triodos Right Start Saver account online but you can't make payments from this account.
If you want to apply to manage your existing Triodos account online, download the application form below or call us on 0330 355 0355 and we'll send you one. Before completing an application form please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions for personal savings accounts below.
Who can open an account for a child?
Both our Right Start Saver and Ethical Junior Cash ISA can be opened by an adult with parental responsibility for a child. A child must be aged between 7 and 15 to open a Right Start Saver for themselves, or 16 or 17 to open an Ethical Junior Cash ISA themselves.
Within a couple of days from when your online only account is opened, or an existing account has been set up with internet banking, we'll send your username by email, and your unique password by post. Please contact us if they don't arrive.
If you open a new account, and you already have internet banking access for another account, you can use your existing username and password.
Yes, you can change the adult operator on a JISA by completing a change of account operator form. Only one adult is able to operate the account.
Regardless of who put the money into the Junior Cash ISA, the money in the account belongs to the child. It is only the child that can make withdrawals once they turn 18.
Each child can have one Junior cash ISA and one Junior stocks and shares ISA at any one time. These can be with different providers.
A child cannot hold both a Junior ISA and a Child Trust Fund, with the same or different providers.
No. The money can't be taken out until the child is 18.
If you wanted to take the money out of the Junior Cash ISA you must contact HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) visit www.hmrc.gov.uk
Anybody can deposit money into a child's Junior Cash ISA.
Before the child turns 18 we will contact you to confirm that the Triodos Ethical Junior Cash ISA will become a Triodos Cash ISA on the child’s 18th birthday. After this date the child can decide what they wish to do with the account/funds.
A Junior cash ISA can only be opened by a person with legal parental responsibility for the child. The person applying must be aged 16 or over. If the child is 16 years old, the child may open the account themselves.
To set up a Junior Cash ISA for a child, the parent or person with legal parental responsibility for the child will need to be identified. We also need the child’s original birth certificate, original NHS card or a certified copy of their passport. We’ll return original documents by registered post. To help us verify the identity of customers opening an account we may make an electronic search, using the information you supply. In some instances we may need to ask you to send in further information or documents.
When you pay funds into your Account, your funds will start earning interest from the day the funds are paid into your Account.
To top up a Triodos Junior Cash ISA, you can:
- Make a transfer from another account (either an account with another provider or another Triodos account that allows withdrawals)
- Transfer by cheque made out to the child
The Triodos sort code is 16-58-10 and you can find your Triodos cash ISA account number on your statements. If you want to deposit a cheque, please post it along with a paying-in slip to:
Freepost TRIODOS BANK