Auchtygills and Clayfords
Two new projects completed ahead of schedule, in Scotland
We’re pleased to announce two new turbines have been added to the Triodos Renewables portfolio, increasing our generation capacity by 1.6 MW and adding even more new clean energy into the national grid.
The projects, called Auchtygills and Clayfords after the farms on which they’re built, are located near the village of Strichen in Aberdeenshire.
Unusually, Triodos Renewables has managed these projects from the outset - from the initial site identification, through a successful planning application right into construction. Every stage has been financed entirely through the support of shareholders and Triodos Renewables now owns 100% of both projects.
Commissioning is currently being completed and the full operations will begin later this month, four months ahead of schedule. This means the projects will generate four months’ additional renewable energy and revenue for the company than originally anticipated.
- Generation capacity: 1.6 MegaWatts
- Forecast annual generation: 5.58 GWh annually
- Homes equivalent: 1,328 homes*
- Model: Enercon E48 800KW
- Height: 80 metres
- Forecast average wind speed: 8.2 metres per second
* Estimate based on the most recent statistics from the Department of Energy and Climate Change showing that annual UK average domestic household consumption is 4,192kWh