Peter Blom, CEO of Triodos Bank N.V., said: “Since its foundation in 1980, I have been part of an exciting journey where Triodos Bank developed from a small Dutch banking initiative, operating in a niche, into the European value-based frontrunner bank that we are today. Triodos Bank was founded to finance the change in the economy enabling finance for many sustainable businesses, projects and initiatives.
Our mission – to use money consciously to create positive development in society, with human dignity at its core - has been a guiding principle throughout and has found a lot of resonance in society and the financial sector. It is as relevant today as it was in those early days, presenting an exciting future for Triodos Bank and its stakeholder community.”
Aart de Geus, Chair of the Supervisory Board commented: “Peter Blom is a great banker and his leadership and commitment to the mission of Triodos Bank – to use money consciously to create positive development in society, with human dignity at its core – has brought the bank where it stands today. He has been and is an example for many generations of Triodos Bank co-workers and customers. We respect his decision to step down next year, which gives room for a well-prepared leadership transition.”
The Supervisory Board will lead the process to identify a successor for Peter. Further announcements will be made when appropriate.
- The Executive Board of Triodos Bank N.V. consists of Peter Blom (CEO and Chair), Jellie Banga (vice-chair and COO), André Haag (CFO) and Carla van der Weerdt (CRO).
- CV of Peter Blom - CEO and Chairman of the Executive Board of Triodos Bank.
Peter Blom (1956) has been statutory Member of the Executive Board of Triodos Bank N.V. since 1989 and is CEO and Chair of this Board since 1997. He started at Triodos in 1980 as a volunteer and in 1982 became one of the first business bankers of Triodos Bank.
In addition to his role at Triodos Bank, Peter Blom is, among others:
- Founder and Chair of the Board of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (www.gabv.org)
- Member of the Board of the Dutch Banking Association
- Co-founder and Co-chair of the Board of the Sustainable Finance Lab
- Chair of the Supervisory Board of MVO Nederland
- Full member of the Club of Rome
- Member of the Board of the Natuurcollege - Lippe-Biesterfeld Foundation
- Member of the Central Planning Committee of the Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis (CPB).
Previous roles include:
- Co-founder and former President (1989-1995) of INAISE, International Association of Investors in the Social Economy
- Co-founder of the European Social Venture Network SVNE (1993)
Peter Blom was awarded the Dutch Royal distinction of Knight of Oranje Nassau in 2008 for his contribution to social banking and sustainability.