On its way to becoming a B-Corp
With several of its divisions already certified, Danone is well on its way to achieving 100% B-Corp status.
The company has four main businesses: essential dairy and plant-based products, water, early life nutrition and medical nutrition.
Products are sold in over 120 markets, but its main markets are the US, France, China, Russia, Indonesia, UK, Argentina, Mexico, Spain and Germany.
Why they're a good fit for the Triodos Impact Investment Funds
- Danone is an industry leader implementing sustainable agriculture practices.
- The company provides healthy food products such as nutritious dairy and plant-based dairy alternatives (through the acquisition of WhiteWave Foods).
- Danone thrives to continuously improve the nutritional quality of their products and constantly designs and promotes healthier alternatives based on in-depth knowledge of local food cultures, food habits and public health challenges.
- Danone aims for 100% B-Corp certification; 16 entities, including 14 of its subsidiaries are already certified.
- Danone has a strong animal welfare programme in place.
Danone contributes to the following UN Sustainable Development Goals:
Sustainable transition themes
Triodos IM invests in seven themes that are instrumental in the transition toward a sustainable economy.
Based on these themes, we select companies that actively contribute to a sustainable economy through their products, services and processes.
Danone aims to meet the growing demand for natural, nutritious and environmentally friendly products as well as the needs of flexitarians. As such, the company contributes to our transition theme sustainable food and agriculture.
Sustainable Food and Agriculture
Sustainable food and agriculture refers to an agricultural system that meets society's food and other agricultural product needs without comprising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
As with conventional farming, key components include soil management, crop management, water management, disease and pest management and waste management. However, the methods used are radically different; they must be ecologically and socially sustainable.
We invest in companies that preserve soil, water systems, nature and biodiversity, and those that promote sustainable food and healthy diets.
Download our whitepaper to learn more about our seven transition themes.
About impact investing
Triodos Impact Investment Funds invest in a range of stock market listed companies that have a positive impact on society and the environment. Invest in the funds directly or via the tax-efficient Triodos Stocks & Shares ISA.