You can make payments into your Triodos Current Account by bank transfer or online. If you wish to pay a cheque into your account you can send cheques via our freepost service to our office in Bristol - Freepost TRIODOS BANK. Please include the sort code and account number of the account you wish the cheque to be credited to.
You can change your security word by logging into internet banking, if you are having difficulty accessing your account through internet banking please contact us
- Contact us immediately on 0330 355 0355 (or if abroad on +44 (0)1179 739339) if:
- You’ve lost your card or suspect it has been stolen
- You’ve lost any of your security details or think they have been stolen
- You think someone else may be able to use your card or security details
For card related queries, we're available 24/7. For other fraud related queries, we're available 8am-6pm Mon-Fri, and 10am-4pm weekends.
2. Once you've contacted us:
- We'll ask you for all information you have about the loss or theft and may require you to report it to the police
- If you find your card after reporting it as lost or stolen do not use it. Destroy your card immediately by cutting through both the magnetic stripe and chip
3. Once you’ve let us know, you can also report it to Action Fraud – the UK’s national fraud and cyber crime reporting centre:
- Call: 0300 123 2040
- Report it online: actionfraud.police.uk
If you need a new digipass because the battery is low (when it displays 5%) please let us know and we will send out a replacement. You should receive this within 5 business days.
We will replace your digipass free of charge when the battery level is 5% or less. In our experience when it proactively displays “Low Battery” it will still have quite a long battery life left. You can find out the amount of battery left on your digipass by following these instructions:
If you have the older style navy blue digipass:
- Turn it on by pressing the red power button
- Press the letter “T” button five times until the display shows “TEST BATT?”
- Press the “=” sign
The display will tell you what percent of battery you have left.
If you have the green digipass:
- Turn it on by pressing the OK button on the lower right of the digipass
- Press the “>” button four times until you see “5. Info” on the screen
- Press OK
- Press the “>” button three times until it states “4. Battery level” on the screen
- Press OK
The display will tell you what percent of battery you have left.
We've produced a short online video to show you how to set up your digiass and activate your online banking. Watch the video on Youtube now, or follow the steps below:
You will need your digipass, digipass PIN and need to know your security word as you will be asked to input these characters
When you first use your digipass you will be prompted to change your Digipass PIN to something memorable. You can do this by following these simple steps:
Switch the digipass on by pressing “OK”
- Press button “1” on the digipass
- Enter the four-digit digipass PIN we sent you and press “OK”
- You will now be prompted to enter your own new digipass PIN, which for your security must meet the following criteria:
- It must be four digits long
- It must be different to the PIN we sent to you
- It must not be a sequence of numbers, such as “1234”
- It must not be a sequence of identical numbers, such as “2222”
- It must not be easily obtained or guessed, such as using you date of birth
Please note, if your choice of digipass PIN isn’t considered secure enough the message “Weak PIN” will be displayed on the digipass. If this happens press “OK” and you will be prompted to enter a different, more secure, PIN.
When your PIN has been changed, an eight-digit code will be displayed
To login, continue to the Triodos homepage.
Turn the digipass over and input the digipass number from the back into the ‘digipass number’ - do not include hyphens - and then press NEXT.
There is an option to tick the ‘remember my number on this computer’ checkbox so you don’t have to input this every time.
Click on green NEXT box on the bottom right of the screen.
Follow the steps on the login page to complete login.
- Turn on the Digipass by pressing OK and then press 1
- Enter Your Digipass PIN and press OK. You will see a One Time Passcode or OTP, on the Display
- Enter your OTP
- Enter you the characters shown for you unique security word
You should now have accessed your internet banking and the home screen as shown below will be displayed.
Simply go to our website www.triodos.co.uk and in the top right-hand corner you'll see a link for "Login to internet banking".
All you need is your digipass, digipass PIN (which you set yourself), and details regarding the security word you set up when applying for the account.
We will not charge you for cash withdrawals from any ATM in the UK. However, some ATM providers may charge for using their machines to withdraw cash. There is a charge for withdrawing cash from abroad, please see our tariff for details.
If you need to change the name on your account please send us a certified copy of the documentation (marriage certificate, deed poll name change, decree nisi) with a covering letter detailing your account numbers and please ensure you sign the letter.
- Log into Internet Banking
- Click on the 'Cards' tab and you'll be provided with a six digit access code
- Send a text message to 57887 with the following message: 'TRIODOS PINACT', followed by your access code, followed by the last four digits of your card number - you need a space between sets of numbers. For example: TRIODOS PINACT 123456
- You'll be sent your card PIN via text message within a couple of minutes - don't forget to delete that text message after memorising your PIN
- You're ready to use your card - remember to sign the back
Please note that some mobile providers do not process text messages to 5 digit numbers. If you text and do not receive a response from us please call us as your request will not have been confirmed and processed.
If you need any help activating your account, please call our friendly Bristol-based contact team - they'll have your everyday banking working for people and planet in no time. They're available Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on 0330 355 0355 (+44 117 973 9339 if you are not in the UK).
Need to set up your digipass too? Watch our how-to video.
Cash cannot be paid in to the Triodos Personal Current Account at the moment. However we are in discussion with a number of providers to investigate if we can offer this service in the future as we understand from customer feedback that this is a service that some customers would like us to offer.
Triodos will be offering Open Banking services from 14 September 2019. Triodos will only facilitate the sharing of your account information with other parties when you have provided your explicit consent for us to do so.
It’s important to keep your codes and PINs secret and your digipass safe. Here are some precautions you can take:
- Destroy any PIN notification immediately after receiving it from us
- Never write your PIN or security details in a way that might be understood by someone else or record them on any item or in any place that might be accessed by someone else
- Take all reasonable care to ensure that no-one sees your PIN, password or security word when you use them.
- Avoid a PIN that is easy to guess
- Never share your digipass
- Keep your digipass in a safe place
We will never contact you to ask you to reveal your internet banking PIN or password and we will never send you any emails asking for your security information.
Screen scraping happens when you allow a third party to log into your computer while you are using it, so they see what you are doing and can copy the data on the screens you are viewing. This is a way for third parties to be able to get access to your payment data or account overview.
Triodos Bank is not in favour of this practice, as it potentially compromises the integrity of your own computer and your passwords.
On the home page you will see a list of all the accounts that you currently manage online. Details of closed accounts are displayed in red. Clicking on one will take you directly to the transaction history for that account.
A security word is a word chosen by you to help us verify your identity when you phone us or at any other time when we need to validate that it is you asking us for information or to do something on your account(s) . The security word is a memorable word chosen by you and can be anything you want. You will have provided this either as part of an online or paper application, on a form you’ve sent us by post or you may have set or changed it when you were logged into your internet banking. For example it could be a memorable name or place or something that means something to you. For additional security we do not provide any guidance on what this word should be.
Once you have applied for an account online, and it has been opened (or once you've applied for internet banking access for an existing account) we'll send your username by email. For security reasons your unique password will be sent separately by post. With this information you can then log in and start using Triodos internet banking. If you forget your password or username, simply call us on 0330 355 0355.
Please contact us by sending a secure message in internet banking or call us on 0330 355 0355
The digipass is our current method of logging into Internet Banking, we feel this provides a strong level of security. We are looking at future improvements that we can make to our online banking including mobile app features and or login process.
If you are a personal customer and you only hold savings accounts with Triodos - you will have been provided with a username and password for logging into internet banking. If you came to a page which asked for a Digipass number, you were on the ‘Business Banking’ login page. When on the Internet Banking login page, if you click on the ‘Personal Banking’ tab located next to the ‘Business Banking’ tab, you will be asked for your username and password.
If you do not know your internet banking username or password you can reset your internet banking login details.
If you hold a personal current account with Triodos and you havent received a digipass or have lost your digipass please contact us on 0330 355 0355.
If you are a business customer and have requested a Digipass that hasn’t arrived or you have lost a digipass please contact us.
If we are unable to match the information you have entered on our password reset page with the information we hold on record you will need to call our Customer Contact Team on 0330 355 0355 or (+44) 0117 973 9339. We will be able to send a new password to you by post, this will be sent to your registered address. When calling us please have your account number and security details at hand.
If you are trying to log into internet banking for a business account you do not need a username and password but will have a Digipass and PIN. There are separate log in screens for business and personal customers so please ensure that you have clicked on the Business tab after you have clicked the Internet Banking login button.
We're available to take your call between 10:00am-5:00pm on Mondays, 9:00am-5:00pm Tuesday to Friday. At any other time you can request a call back using our automated system. We will do our best to call you back at the time requested but can’t guarantee that it will be at the exact time requested.
If you lose your connection after authorising a normal payment it will still be processed as normal - use the transaction history option to check the status of your payments. If the payment is not shown on one of these pages then it is still awaiting authorisation. If you lose your connection before authorisation they try logging back in and check the status of your payments. If you are unsure then please call the helpdesk. If you lose your connection after making an international payment, faster payment or urgent payment, please contact the helpdesk (call on 0330 355 0355 or alternatively you can email: email@example.com) who will confirm if the payment has been successfully authorised or not.
To help keep your information as safe and secure as possible, if you do not enter any information for 15 minutes, we will close your session. If a message tells you that your session has timed out, simply log in again to continue.
If you hold savings accounts only with Triodos you will use a username and password to log into your Internet Banking. If we are unable to match the information you have entered on our username reminder request page with the information we hold on record you will need to contact us. We will be able to send a username reminder email to your registered email address. When calling us, please have your account number and security details at hand.
We realise that some customers won't want to bank online and that will mean that this account isn't for them. As a small bank we have had to make some difficult choices about the proposition and in an environment that is becoming increasingly digital we decided an online account was the right option. We considered telephone and postal banking but the costs to offer this service would have been overly prohibitive to launching the product.