A Triodos Bank customer has died outside of the UK, what should I do?

To let us know a customer has died outside of the UK, please call us on 0330 355 0355.  

If you are managing the estate, please also:
  • complete a Bereavement Notification form and send this to us by email or post
  • send us the original Death Certificate by post. (UK death certificates can be sent to us by email)

You may prefer to send certified documents by recorded or tracked delivery to ensure they don’t get lost in the post. But be aware, most delivery companies will charge for this service.

Our address is:
Bereavement Team
Triodos Bank
Deanery Road

Please read the Bereavement Notification Form for more information. This explains the other documents we need and the next steps in the process.

If you are also a Triodos customer, you may notify us by Secure Message via Internet Banking.

If Probate is required, it must be obtained from the UK as we cannot accept overseas Probate documents for funds held here. You may wish to seek legal advice about how to arrange this, as we cannot provide advice on individual circumstances.

When the accounts are closed, the funds will be paid out in pounds sterling. Exchange rates and fees may apply if we are asked to pay funds overseas.

Related FAQs

Related how-to guides

What to do if you have a loss of income through redundancy, early retirement or another life change

How to create a budget

Managing your bills

Related downloads

Find what you were looking for?

Search our help and support section for more

Go to help and support