Can Personal Representatives outside the UK manage the accounts of a customer who has died?

The process remains the same as for UK residents, however proof of identity and address documents must be certified by an Embassy, Consulate or High Commission from the country where the documents were issued.

Please be aware that we don’t accept original passports or driving licences by post. Therefore, you may prefer to send certified copy documents by recorded or tracked delivery to ensure they don’t get lost in the post. But be aware, most delivery companies will charge for this service.

Our address is:
Bereavement Team
Triodos Bank
Deanery Road

If Probate is required, it must be obtained from the UK as we cannot accept overseas Probate documents for funds held here. You may wish to seek legal advice about how to arrange this, as we cannot provide advice on individual circumstances.

When the accounts are closed, the funds will be paid out in pounds sterling. Exchange rates and fees may apply if we are asked to pay funds overseas.

Related FAQs

Related how-to guides

What to do if you have a loss of income through redundancy, early retirement or another life change

How to create a budget

Managing your bills

Related downloads

Find what you were looking for?

Search our help and support section for more

Go to help and support