How do I close my Triodos savings account?

If you wish to close your Triodos savings account please follow the below instructions

  • Please send us a secure message in internet banking with the account number you wish to close and also confirm the account number, sort code and name of your registered nominated account, which is where any remaining balance and accrued interest will be paid to.  
  • You can also request account closure by calling us and confirming these details over the phone.
  • If you do not hold internet banking please send us a signed written instruction to:


Our freepost address is Royal Mail registered and simple to use - write it on your envelope exactly as shown above (no stamp required) and your letter will get to us free of charge by second class mail.

For first class mail, you can post in the normal way to:

Triodos Bank
Deanery Road

  • We are not be able to close an account by email.

  • If you wish to close a childrens account held in your name on their behalf please send us a signed written instruction with details of where the funds need to be paid.

Related FAQs

Related how-to guides

How to transfer an ISA to a Triodos cash ISA

Change the type of cash ISA held with Triodos Bank

How to transfer an existing ISA to the Triodos Innovative Finance ISA

How to transfer an existing ISA to a Triodos Stocks & Shares ISA

How to update your account and personal details

Related downloads

Find what you were looking for?

Search our help and support section for more

Go to help and support