We've produced a short online video to show you how to set up your digiass and activate your online banking. Watch the video on Youtube now, or follow the steps below:
You will need your digipass, digipass PIN and need to know your security word as you will be asked to input these characters
When you first use your digipass you will be prompted to change your Digipass PIN to something memorable. You can do this by following these simple steps:
Switch the digipass on by pressing “OK”
- Press button “1” on the digipass
- Enter the four-digit digipass PIN we sent you and press “OK”
- You will now be prompted to enter your own new digipass PIN, which for your security must meet the following criteria:
- It must be four digits long
- It must be different to the PIN we sent to you
- It must not be a sequence of numbers, such as “1234”
- It must not be a sequence of identical numbers, such as “2222”
- It must not be easily obtained or guessed, such as using you date of birth
Please note, if your choice of digipass PIN isn’t considered secure enough the message “Weak PIN” will be displayed on the digipass. If this happens press “OK” and you will be prompted to enter a different, more secure, PIN.
When your PIN has been changed, an eight-digit code will be displayed
To login, continue to the Triodos homepage.
Turn the digipass over and input the digipass number from the back into the ‘digipass number’ - do not include hyphens - and then press NEXT.
There is an option to tick the ‘remember my number on this computer’ checkbox so you don’t have to input this every time.
Click on green NEXT box on the bottom right of the screen.
Follow the steps on the login page to complete login.
- Turn on the Digipass by pressing OK and then press 1
- Enter Your Digipass PIN and press OK. You will see a One Time Passcode or OTP, on the Display
- Enter your OTP
- Enter you the characters shown for you unique security word
You should now have accessed your internet banking and the home screen as shown below will be displayed.
You can make payments into your Triodos Current Account by bank transfer or online. If you wish to pay a cheque into your account you can send cheques via our freepost service to our office in Bristol - Freepost TRIODOS BANK. Please include the sort code and account number of the account you wish the cheque to be credited to.
Your digipass requires the use of a 4 digit PIN. When the PIN is entered incorrectly multiple times, it will become locked and will provide you with a lock code. If you receive a lock code on your digipass, please call us with your account number, security details, and digipass to hand. We will be able to help you unlock your digipass and log into internet banking. Our phone number is 0330 355 0355 (or +44 (0)1179 739339 if calling from abroad) and phone lines are open Monday to Friday, 8.00am - 6.00pm.
Your eligible deposits with Triodos Bank UK Ltd are protected up to a total of £85,000. Learn more about the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
- Contact us immediately on 0330 355 0355 (or if abroad on +44 (0)1179 739339) if:
- You’ve lost your card or suspect it has been stolen
- You’ve lost any of your security details or think they have been stolen
- You think someone else may be able to use your card or security details
For card related queries, we're available 24/7. For other fraud related queries, we're available 8am-6pm Mon-Fri, and 10am-4pm weekends.
2. Once you've contacted us:
- We'll ask you for all information you have about the loss or theft and may require you to report it to the police
- If you find your card after reporting it as lost or stolen do not use it. Destroy your card immediately by cutting through both the magnetic stripe and chip
3. Once you’ve let us know, you can also report it to Action Fraud – the UK’s national fraud and cyber crime reporting centre:
- Call: 0300 123 2040
- Report it online: actionfraud.police.uk
If you need a new digipass because the battery is low (when it displays 5%) please let us know and we will send out a replacement. You should receive this within 5 business days.
We will replace your digipass free of charge when the battery level is 5% or less. In our experience when it proactively displays “Low Battery” it will still have quite a long battery life left. You can find out the amount of battery left on your digipass by following these instructions:
If you have the older style navy blue digipass:
- Turn it on by pressing the red power button
- Press the letter “T” button five times until the display shows “TEST BATT?”
- Press the “=” sign
The display will tell you what percent of battery you have left.
If you have the green digipass:
- Turn it on by pressing the OK button on the lower right of the digipass
- Press the “>” button four times until you see “5. Info” on the screen
- Press OK
- Press the “>” button three times until it states “4. Battery level” on the screen
- Press OK
The display will tell you what percent of battery you have left.
To report your card lost or stolen please call us on 0330 355 0355 (or +44 (0)1179 739339 if calling from abroad) to speak to our 24/7 card services department. Unfortunately we do not have a facility to offer emergency cash in the instance where your card has been lost or stolen. A new debit card should arrive at your home address within five working days.
If you cannot find your card, you can put a temporary block on it by texting TRIODOS LOCK, followed by your six digit access code, followed by the last four digits of the sixteen digit number on the front of your card to 57887. For example, TRIODOS LOCK 123456 1234.
Your access code and the last four digits of your card number can be found in internet banking. This block can be lifted if the card is later found in a safe place
Simply go to our website www.triodos.co.uk and in the top right-hand corner you'll see a link for "Login to internet banking".
All you need is your digipass, digipass PIN (which you set yourself), and details regarding the security word you set up when applying for the account.
Contact us immediately on 0330 355 0355 (or +44 (0)1179 739339 if calling from abroad) if you think you've lost any of your security details or if you think they have been stolen or may be known by someone else.
You can request a password reset letter on our website at any time. This will cancel the old password to prevent access to your account by internet banking using the old password.
We will not charge you for cash withdrawals from any ATM in the UK. However, some ATM providers may charge for using their machines to withdraw cash. There is a charge for withdrawing cash from abroad, please see our tariff for details.
If you need to change the name on your account please send us a certified copy of the documentation (marriage certificate, deed poll name change, decree nisi) with a covering letter detailing your account numbers and please ensure you sign the letter.
Yes, there are charges for foreign payments. Transactions will be processed using the exchange rate set by Mastercard
- Debit card payment in a foreign currency: 2.5% of the value charged in GBP
- Cash withdrawal in a foreign currency outside the UK: 2.5% of the value charged in GBP
You need to be a UK resident aged 18 or over to be eligible to apply for the Personal Current Account.
- Log into Internet Banking
- Click on the 'Cards' tab and you'll be provided with a six digit access code
- Send a text message to 57887 with the following message: 'TRIODOS PINACT', followed by your access code, followed by the last four digits of your card number - you need a space between sets of numbers. For example: TRIODOS PINACT 123456
- You'll be sent your card PIN via text message within a couple of minutes - don't forget to delete that text message after memorising your PIN
- You're ready to use your card - remember to sign the back
Please note that some mobile providers do not process text messages to 5 digit numbers. If you text and do not receive a response from us please call us as your request will not have been confirmed and processed.
If you need any help activating your account, please call our friendly Bristol-based contact team - they'll have your everyday banking working for people and planet in no time. They're available Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on 0330 355 0355 (+44 117 973 9339 if you are not in the UK).
Need to set up your digipass too? Watch our how-to video.
As you'd expect from a bank, we take security very seriously - here are some things we do to keep you safe. To help you spot fraud, we’d also like you to know the things we’d never do.What we do
- Provide around the clock debit card transaction monitoring
- We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for all calls relating to debit card queries (such as lost or stolen cards)
- Give you the ability to block your card by sending us a text message
- Temporarily block accounts and debit cards if fraudulent activity is suspected
- Log you out of internet banking and the app after a period of inactivity
- Keep you up-to-date with the fraud protection advice
- Use a secure three-stage log in with a digipass for personal current account holders
- As a personal account customer you can receive alerts by text message when online or card transactions are made
- Temporarily suspend your internet banking if left dormant for a long time
- Only contact you via your registered details
We will never contact you out of the blue to ask you:
- for your digipass PIN
- for your card number or PIN
- for your mobile app passcode
- to transfer money out of your account
- to click a link in an email to our internet banking
If in doubt, call us on the number on our website, or delete the email without opening it.
It’s best to cut your card into pieces, making sure to cut through the chip and magnetic strip and put the card in with your normal waste, rather than your recycling. It will still biodegrade more quickly than any other debit card plastic. If possible, don’t put all the pieces of the card in the same bin or with any related documentation such as receipts or statements.
You can change your personal details via internet banking. We will send you confirmation when your details are changed. If you are having difficulty logging into internet banking please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0330 355 0355.
If you do not have internet banking on your accounts, please write to us with any change of address or personal details at:
Freepost TRIODOS BANK
Our freepost address is Royal Mail registered and simple to use - write it on your envelope exactly as shown above (no stamp required) and your letter will get to us free of charge by second class mail.
For first class mail, you can post in the normal way to:
You can request to add another account holder to your Triodos Current Account by downloading and completing the form below. Before completing please ensure that the new account holder is happy with the account features on the account information pages on our website and has read through the information linked to in the form. Requests to add a new account holder will follow the same application and credit scoring process as a new account, and our agreement to add another account holder to an account is subject to successful application.
Cash cannot be paid in to the Triodos Personal Current Account at the moment. However we are in discussion with a number of providers to investigate if we can offer this service in the future as we understand from customer feedback that this is a service that some customers would like us to offer.
Do not respond to any email that asks you for information about your internet banking log in details. If you have received a suspicious email, do not respond and call our Contact Team as soon as you can during our opening hours on 0330 355 0355 to check if it is a genuine email.
Our Contact Team is available 8am-6pm Monday-Friday, and 10am-4pm on weekends for fraud related enquiries only.
Outside of these hours you can request a call back using our automated system. Our Contact Team will call you back as close to the time you request as is operational possible. Alternatively please email us at email@example.com from the registered email address we hold for you and mark it urgent in the subject line.
Yes - you can wherever you see the Mastercard logo. There are charges for using your card abroad - please see our tariff for detail.
Triodos will be offering Open Banking services from 14 September 2019. Triodos will only facilitate the sharing of your account information with other parties when you have provided your explicit consent for us to do so.
It’s important to keep your codes and PINs secret and your digipass safe. Here are some precautions you can take:
- Destroy any PIN notification immediately after receiving it from us
- Never write your PIN or security details in a way that might be understood by someone else or record them on any item or in any place that might be accessed by someone else
- Take all reasonable care to ensure that no-one sees your PIN, password or security word when you use them.
- Avoid a PIN that is easy to guess
- Never share your digipass
- Keep your digipass in a safe place
We will never contact you to ask you to reveal your internet banking PIN or password and we will never send you any emails asking for your security information.
Screen scraping happens when you allow a third party to log into your computer while you are using it, so they see what you are doing and can copy the data on the screens you are viewing. This is a way for third parties to be able to get access to your payment data or account overview.
Triodos Bank is not in favour of this practice, as it potentially compromises the integrity of your own computer and your passwords.