- Contact us immediately on 0330 355 0355 (or if abroad on +44 (0)1179 739339) if:
- You’ve lost your card or suspect it has been stolen
- You’ve lost any of your security details or think they have been stolen
- You think someone else may be able to use your card or security details
For card related queries, we're available 24/7. For other fraud related queries, we're available 8am-6pm Mon-Fri, and 10am-4pm weekends.
2. Once you've contacted us:
- We'll ask you for all information you have about the loss or theft and may require you to report it to the police
- If you find your card after reporting it as lost or stolen do not use it. Destroy your card immediately by cutting through both the magnetic stripe and chip
3. Once you’ve let us know, you can also report it to Action Fraud – the UK’s national fraud and cyber crime reporting centre:
- Call: 0300 123 2040
- Report it online: actionfraud.police.uk
If you need a new digipass because the battery is low (when it displays 5%) please let us know and we will send out a replacement. You should receive this within 5 business days.
We will replace your digipass free of charge when the battery level is 5% or less. In our experience when it proactively displays “Low Battery” it will still have quite a long battery life left. You can find out the amount of battery left on your digipass by following these instructions:
If you have the older style navy blue digipass:
- Turn it on by pressing the red power button
- Press the letter “T” button five times until the display shows “TEST BATT?”
- Press the “=” sign
The display will tell you what percent of battery you have left.
If you have the green digipass:
- Turn it on by pressing the OK button on the lower right of the digipass
- Press the “>” button four times until you see “5. Info” on the screen
- Press OK
- Press the “>” button three times until it states “4. Battery level” on the screen
- Press OK
The display will tell you what percent of battery you have left.
We've produced a short online video to show you how to set up your digiass and activate your online banking. Watch the video on Youtube now, or follow the steps below:
You will need your digipass, digipass PIN and need to know your security word as you will be asked to input these characters
When you first use your digipass you will be prompted to change your Digipass PIN to something memorable. You can do this by following these simple steps:
Switch the digipass on by pressing “OK”
- Press button “1” on the digipass
- Enter the four-digit digipass PIN we sent you and press “OK”
- You will now be prompted to enter your own new digipass PIN, which for your security must meet the following criteria:
- It must be four digits long
- It must be different to the PIN we sent to you
- It must not be a sequence of numbers, such as “1234”
- It must not be a sequence of identical numbers, such as “2222”
- It must not be easily obtained or guessed, such as using you date of birth
Please note, if your choice of digipass PIN isn’t considered secure enough the message “Weak PIN” will be displayed on the digipass. If this happens press “OK” and you will be prompted to enter a different, more secure, PIN.
When your PIN has been changed, an eight-digit code will be displayed
To login, continue to the Triodos homepage.
Turn the digipass over and input the digipass number from the back into the ‘digipass number’ - do not include hyphens - and then press NEXT.
There is an option to tick the ‘remember my number on this computer’ checkbox so you don’t have to input this every time.
Click on green NEXT box on the bottom right of the screen.
Follow the steps on the login page to complete login.
- Turn on the Digipass by pressing OK and then press 1
- Enter Your Digipass PIN and press OK. You will see a One Time Passcode or OTP, on the Display
- Enter your OTP
- Enter you the characters shown for you unique security word
You should now have accessed your internet banking and the home screen as shown below will be displayed.
Contact us immediately on 0330 355 0355 (or +44 (0)1179 739339 if calling from abroad) if you think you've lost any of your security details or if you think they have been stolen or may be known by someone else.
You can request a password reset letter on our website at any time. This will cancel the old password to prevent access to your account by internet banking using the old password.
Do not respond to any email that asks you for information about your internet banking log in details. If you have received a suspicious email, do not respond and call our Contact Team as soon as you can during our opening hours on 0330 355 0355 to check if it is a genuine email.
Our Contact Team is available 8am-6pm Monday-Friday, and 10am-4pm on weekends for fraud related enquiries only.
Outside of these hours you can request a call back using our automated system. Our Contact Team will call you back as close to the time you request as is operational possible. Alternatively please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org from the registered email address we hold for you and mark it urgent in the subject line.
It’s important to keep your codes and PINs secret and your digipass safe. Here are some precautions you can take:
- Destroy any PIN notification immediately after receiving it from us
- Never write your PIN or security details in a way that might be understood by someone else or record them on any item or in any place that might be accessed by someone else
- Take all reasonable care to ensure that no-one sees your PIN, password or security word when you use them.
- Avoid a PIN that is easy to guess
- Never share your digipass
- Keep your digipass in a safe place
We will never contact you to ask you to reveal your internet banking PIN or password and we will never send you any emails asking for your security information.
Please contact us by sending a secure message in internet banking or call us on 0330 355 0355
The digipass is our current method of logging into Internet Banking, we feel this provides a strong level of security. We are looking at future improvements that we can make to our online banking including mobile app features and or login process.
If you are a personal customer and you only hold savings accounts with Triodos - you will have been provided with a username and password for logging into internet banking. If you came to a page which asked for a Digipass number, you were on the ‘Business Banking’ login page. When on the Internet Banking login page, if you click on the ‘Personal Banking’ tab located next to the ‘Business Banking’ tab, you will be asked for your username and password.
If you do not know your internet banking username or password you can reset your internet banking login details.
If you hold a personal current account with Triodos and you havent received a digipass or have lost your digipass please contact us on 0330 355 0355.
If you are a business customer and have requested a Digipass that hasn’t arrived or you have lost a digipass please contact us.
If we are unable to match the information you have entered on our password reset page with the information we hold on record you will need to call our Customer Contact Team on 0330 355 0355 or (+44) 0117 973 9339. We will be able to send a new password to you by post, this will be sent to your registered address. When calling us please have your account number and security details at hand.
If you are trying to log into internet banking for a business account you do not need a username and password but will have a Digipass and PIN. There are separate log in screens for business and personal customers so please ensure that you have clicked on the Business tab after you have clicked the Internet Banking login button.
We're available to take your call between 10:00am-5:00pm on Mondays, 9:00am-5:00pm Tuesday to Friday. At any other time you can request a call back using our automated system. We will do our best to call you back at the time requested but can’t guarantee that it will be at the exact time requested.
To download the app you'll need a compatible smartphone or tablet - running Android™ 4.3 (KitKat®) or higher, or Apple iOS 9.0 or higher.
The Triodos mobile banking app is only available for Triodos Current Account customers. If you are not a Triodos Current Account customer yet, you can apply here.
In order to safeguard your personal information and money we require a three stage login process for internet banking, one of which involves the use of a digipass. This is similar to the card reader facility at some other banks and is used along with other systems to ensure your finances are kept safe. We constantly review our security measures and publish guidance on steps that can be taken to prevent fraud such as the Take 5 campaign through FFA UK.
We do not charge for digipass or issuing replacements for personal customers. Please ensure that you keep the digipass in a safe place to avoid unnecessary re-issue. Please return any old/unrequired digi passes to us at or freepost address - Freepost TRIODOS BANK - and we will recycle securely on your behalf.
If you no longer require your digipass please return to us using the freepost address - Freepost TRIODOS BANK - and we will recycle it securely for you.
Our primary feature regarding the digipass device is that of security. Our current providers VASCO have confirmed that the digipass can be recycled and if you wish to return your digipass to us if you no longer require it we will recycle it securely on your behalf.
The digipass plastic is recyclable and in line with our sustainability commitment so please send in broken, old, damaged digi passes using the freepost address - Freepost TRIODOS BANK - and we will recycle it securely for you.
Your digipass requires the use of a 4 digit PIN. When the PIN is entered incorrectly multiple times, it will become locked and will provide you with a lock code. If you receive a lock code on your digipass, please call us with your account number, security details, and digipass to hand. We will be able to help you unlock your digipass and log into internet banking. Our phone number is 0330 355 0355 (or +44 (0)1179 739339 if calling from abroad) and phone lines are open Monday to Friday, 8.00am - 6.00pm.