You have various options for contacting Triodos to ask questions or request information. One of which is a secure messaging service which is accessed by logging in to your internet banking. You can send us a secure message and you will also receive secure messages from Triodos from time to time. When we do send you a message you will receive an e mail advising you to log in to internet banking to read it. Secure messages are responded to within our contact team opening hours of 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday, if your request is urgent please call us on 0330 335 0335.
You can make payments into your Triodos Current Account by bank transfer or online. If you wish to pay a cheque into your account you can send cheques via our freepost service to our office in Bristol - Freepost TRIODOS BANK. Please include the sort code and account number of the account you wish the cheque to be credited to.
- Contact us immediately on 0330 355 0355 (or if abroad on +44 (0)1179 739339) if:
- You’ve lost your card or suspect it has been stolen
- You’ve lost any of your security details or think they have been stolen
- You think someone else may be able to use your card or security details
For card related queries, we're available 24/7. For other fraud related queries, we're available 8am-6pm Mon-Fri, and 10am-4pm weekends.
2. Once you've contacted us:
- We'll ask you for all information you have about the loss or theft and may require you to report it to the police
- If you find your card after reporting it as lost or stolen do not use it. Destroy your card immediately by cutting through both the magnetic stripe and chip
3. Once you’ve let us know, you can also report it to Action Fraud – the UK’s national fraud and cyber crime reporting centre:
- Call: 0300 123 2040
- Report it online: actionfraud.police.uk
We've produced a short online video to show you how to set up your digiass and activate your online banking. Watch the video on Youtube now, or follow the steps below:
You will need your digipass, digipass PIN and need to know your security word as you will be asked to input these characters
When you first use your digipass you will be prompted to change your Digipass PIN to something memorable. You can do this by following these simple steps:
Switch the digipass on by pressing “OK”
- Press button “1” on the digipass
- Enter the four-digit digipass PIN we sent you and press “OK”
- You will now be prompted to enter your own new digipass PIN, which for your security must meet the following criteria:
- It must be four digits long
- It must be different to the PIN we sent to you
- It must not be a sequence of numbers, such as “1234”
- It must not be a sequence of identical numbers, such as “2222”
- It must not be easily obtained or guessed, such as using you date of birth
Please note, if your choice of digipass PIN isn’t considered secure enough the message “Weak PIN” will be displayed on the digipass. If this happens press “OK” and you will be prompted to enter a different, more secure, PIN.
When your PIN has been changed, an eight-digit code will be displayed
To login, continue to the Triodos homepage.
Turn the digipass over and input the digipass number from the back into the ‘digipass number’ - do not include hyphens - and then press NEXT.
There is an option to tick the ‘remember my number on this computer’ checkbox so you don’t have to input this every time.
Click on green NEXT box on the bottom right of the screen.
Follow the steps on the login page to complete login.
- Turn on the Digipass by pressing OK and then press 1
- Enter Your Digipass PIN and press OK. You will see a One Time Passcode or OTP, on the Display
- Enter your OTP
- Enter you the characters shown for you unique security word
You should now have accessed your internet banking and the home screen as shown below will be displayed.
Simply go to our website www.triodos.co.uk and in the top right-hand corner you'll see a link for "Login to internet banking".
All you need is your digipass, digipass PIN (which you set yourself), and details regarding the security word you set up when applying for the account.
If you need to change the name on your account please send us a certified copy of the documentation (marriage certificate, deed poll name change, decree nisi) with a covering letter detailing your account numbers and please ensure you sign the letter.
Cash cannot be paid in to the Triodos Personal Current Account at the moment. However we are in discussion with a number of providers to investigate if we can offer this service in the future as we understand from customer feedback that this is a service that some customers would like us to offer.
We will not charge you for withdrawing cash from any ATM in the UK. However, some ATM providers may charge for using their machines to withdraw cash. There is a charge for withdrawing cash from abroad, please see our tariff for details.
Screen scraping happens when you allow a third party to log into your computer while you are using it, so they see what you are doing and can copy the data on the screens you are viewing. This is a way for third parties to be able to get access to your payment data or account overview.
Triodos Bank is not in favour of this practice, as it potentially compromises the integrity of your own computer and your passwords.
If you need a new digipass because the battery is low (when it displays 5%) please let us know and we will send out a replacement. You should receive this within 5 business days.
We will replace your digipass free of charge when the battery level is 5% or less. In our experience when it proactively displays “Low Battery” it will still have quite a long battery life left. You can find out the amount of battery left on your digipass by following these instructions:
If you have the older style navy blue digipass:
- Turn it on by pressing the red power button
- Press the letter “T” button five times until the display shows “TEST BATT?”
- Press the “=” sign
The display will tell you what percent of battery you have left.
If you have the green digipass:
- Turn it on by pressing the OK button on the lower right of the digipass
- Press the “>” button four times until you see “5. Info” on the screen
- Press OK
- Press the “>” button three times until it states “4. Battery level” on the screen
- Press OK
The display will tell you what percent of battery you have left.
On the home page you will see a list of all the accounts that you currently manage online. Details of closed accounts are displayed in red. Clicking on one will take you directly to the transaction history for that account.
We realise that some customers won't want to bank online and that will mean that this account isn't for them. As a small bank we have had to make some difficult choices about the proposition and in an environment that is becoming increasingly digital we decided an online account was the right option. We considered telephone and postal banking but the costs to offer this service would have been overly prohibitive to launching the product.
Unfortunately not. The account is online only (via mobile app and internet banking) with text alerts to help customers manage their money. However, our Contact Team is available to offer support should you have any issues using your account contact us.
No, at the moment it is not possible to share your Triodos transaction data.
Triodos Bank is based in the Netherlands, the full requirements for API standards in the Netherlands are yet to be confirmed. When these requirements are confirmed, Triodos Bank will develop and offer this service to customers. We hope to be able to offer this service by March 2019.
You can withdraw up to £300 per day, per account holder, from ATMs accepting MasterCard and LINK globally (subject to available funds in your account) for detail regarding charges for using your card abroad please see out tariff of charges.
If your available balance is less than the monthly fee it will still be taken, this may result in an unarranged overdraft. If this happens we will charge you the same interest rate that we charge for an arranged overdraft, you won't be charged any additional fees. If you are experiencing financial difficulty please contact us or seek advice from an independent support service such as the citizens advice bureau or the money advice service
- Log into Internet Banking
- Click on the 'Cards' tab and you'll be provided with a six digit access code
- Send a text message to 57887 with the following message: 'TRIODOS PINACT', followed by your access code, followed by the last four digits of your card number - you need a space between sets of numbers. For example: TRIODOS PINACT 123456
- You'll be sent your card PIN via text message within a couple of minutes - don't forget to delete that text message after memorising your PIN
- You're ready to use your card - remember to sign the back
Please note that some mobile providers do not process text messages to 5 digit numbers. If you text and do not receive a response from us please call us as your request will not have been confirmed and processed.
If you need any help activating your account, please call our friendly Bristol-based contact team - they'll have your everyday banking working for people and planet in no time. They're available Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on 0330 355 0355 (+44 117 973 9339 if you are not in the UK).
To change our setting for SMS/text messages please log into your internet banking, click on account profile on the left hand side menu and then click on mailing settings. You can amend your text notification settings and then save the changes.
Setting up a Direct Debit should be done through the company who will be claiming the Direct Debit. You can cancel a Direct Debit in the 'Account Information' tab in Internet Banking, however you will need to contact the company who claim the Direct Debit to cancel it with them as well
You can set up and cancel standing orders through internet banking.
In order to safeguard your personal information and money we require a three stage login process for internet banking, one of which involves the use of a digipass. This is similar to the card reader facility at some other banks and is used along with other systems to ensure your finances are kept safe. We constantly review our security measures and publish guidance on steps that can be taken to prevent fraud such as the Take 5 campaign through FFA UK.
We do not charge for digipass or issuing replacements for personal customers. Please ensure that you keep the digipass in a safe place to avoid unnecessary re-issue. Please return any old/unrequired digi passes to us at or freepost address - Freepost TRIODOS BANK - and we will recycle securely on your behalf.
If you no longer require your digipass please return to us using the freepost address - Freepost TRIODOS BANK - and we will recycle it securely for you.