Join a growing business and ethical banking pioneer and help us make money work for positive change.
How to apply for a job at Triodos Bank
Working for Triodos Bank is more than just a job, so it is really important to think about why you want to work here.
We are looking for the best people, who are passionate about their career, their community, and in supporting Triodos Bank to achieving its mission.
Our application process is simple - once you have found an opportunity you would like to apply for, just send your CV and a covering letter to our HR Team at email@example.com.
To help you with your application take a look our recruitment process below, with CV and interview hints and tips plus the answers to our frequently asked questions (FAQs).
The Recruitment Process
Once you have found a job you would like to apply for, please send your CV and a covering letter to our HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV is a chance to make you, your relevant skills and your career history stand out. Remember to:
- Keep your CV clear and concise
- Tailor your application to the role you are applying for to ensure you stand out as much as possible
- Present your skills and experiences in a timeline format with your most recent achievements first
- Make sure the information you provide us with is easy to read and in a logical order - bullet points are a good way to break up information
- Show yourself in the best possible light, by taking your time and making sure you don't leave anything important out
- Explain any gaps in employment or education
Working for Triodos Bank is not just about your skills and experience, it is also about a connection to our values and mission. Your covering letter is a great way to detail your passion and reasons for wanting to work for Triodos and to highlight any skills and achievements that may support your application. Make sure you also let us know your salary expectations.
If your skills and experience are relevant for the role you have applied for, you may be asked initially to take part in a telephone interview. This is a great opportunity for you to talk to a member of the team, ask us any questions, and answer some competency based questions that are relevant to the role you have applied for. To prepare a for a telephone interview, make sure that you:
- Have researched the role and our business before the call
- Find a quiet location with plenty of phone signal and minimal background noise so you and your interviewer can hear each other
- Listen to the question carefully. Take your time to think about your answers, and if possible use real life examples to help demonstrate your abilities.
The next stage, if your application is successful, will be an invitation to a face-to-face interview. We truly believe that interviews are a two way process; we'll be able to find out more about you and ask some competency based questions to learn about your skills and career history, and you'll get the chance to ask us any questions you may have about us and the role. To prepare for your face-to-face interview, make sure you:
- Check the date, time, and location of your interview and plan your journey
- Sell yourself - This is your opportunity to make a great impression. Use examples from your career to support the answer to the questions you are asked
- Always remember to be yourself! We want to you to enjoy your experience with us, so relax, listen to the questions, and speak clearly and confidently.
Ability & Psychometric Testing
Depending on the job that you are applying for, you may be asked to complete some form of ability and psychometric tests as part of the selection process.
Ability tests are designed to assess your aptitude and the professional attributes needed for the role. Psychometric tests are designed to find out more about your motivations as an individual within the workplace. As this type of test is about what motivates you, there are no right or wrong answers.
With both types of tests, always make sure you are in a quiet location, with plenty of time, and no distractions.
Q: How long does the application process take?
A: Once you have made an application, you will receive an acknowledgment email from our HR Team. Jobs are usually advertised for a period of 2 weeks. Don't worry if you have not heard from us straight away as we review all applications once the application period has closed.
Q: Whom can I contact if I have a problem or query regarding my application?
A: Our HR Team are always available to help you with any queries you may have. Get in touch with them at email@example.com
Q: Can I apply for more than one role?
A: Of course! However, we recommend that you only apply for roles that are suited to your career history and skills
Q: Why do we have online ability and psychometric tests?
A: To make sure you and the role are made for each other. You get a better understanding of what is involved, and we get to know more about you and your skills. Your results will be as unique as you are.
Q: How long do online ability and psychometric tests take?
A: It can depend on the type of test you are taking. Most of our tests range from 30 to 60 minutes, so make sure you are in a quiet location with plenty of time.
Q: Will I get feedback after my interview
A: Always! We want to ensure that every candidates receives the best experience. Our HR Team will be in touch after your interview to discuss feedback with you.
Q: If unsuccessful, can I apply for opportunities in the future?
A: If you were unsuccessful, we would still love to hear from you in the future should another opportunity arise that matches your skills. If you are hoping to apply for the same opportunity in the future, we recommend waiting 6 months before reapplying.