We've produced a short online video to show you how to set up your digiass and activate your online banking. Watch the video on Youtube now, or follow the steps below:
You will need your digipass, digipass PIN and need to know your security word as you will be asked to input these characters
When you first use your digipass you will be prompted to change your Digipass PIN to something memorable. You can do this by following these simple steps:
Switch the digipass on by pressing “OK”
- Press button “1” on the digipass
- Enter the four-digit digipass PIN we sent you and press “OK”
- You will now be prompted to enter your own new digipass PIN, which for your security must meet the following criteria:
- It must be four digits long
- It must be different to the PIN we sent to you
- It must not be a sequence of numbers, such as “1234”
- It must not be a sequence of identical numbers, such as “2222”
- It must not be easily obtained or guessed, such as using you date of birth
Please note, if your choice of digipass PIN isn’t considered secure enough the message “Weak PIN” will be displayed on the digipass. If this happens press “OK” and you will be prompted to enter a different, more secure, PIN.
When your PIN has been changed, an eight-digit code will be displayed
To login, continue to the Triodos homepage.
Turn the digipass over and input the digipass number from the back into the ‘digipass number’ - do not include hyphens - and then press NEXT.
There is an option to tick the ‘remember my number on this computer’ checkbox so you don’t have to input this every time.
Click on green NEXT box on the bottom right of the screen.
Follow the steps on the login page to complete login.
- Turn on the Digipass by pressing OK and then press 1
- Enter Your Digipass PIN and press OK. You will see a One Time Passcode or OTP, on the Display
- Enter your OTP
- Enter you the characters shown for you unique security word
You should now have accessed your internet banking and the home screen as shown below will be displayed.
If you need a new digipass because the battery is low (when it displays 5%) please let us know and we will send out a replacement. You should receive this within 5 business days.
We will replace your digipass free of charge when the battery level is 5% or less. In our experience when it proactively displays “Low Battery” it will still have quite a long battery life left. You can find out the amount of battery left on your digipass by following these instructions:
If you have the older style navy blue digipass:
- Turn it on by pressing the red power button
- Press the letter “T” button five times until the display shows “TEST BATT?”
- Press the “=” sign
The display will tell you what percent of battery you have left.
If you have the green digipass:
- Turn it on by pressing the OK button on the lower right of the digipass
- Press the “>” button four times until you see “5. Info” on the screen
- Press OK
- Press the “>” button three times until it states “4. Battery level” on the screen
- Press OK
The display will tell you what percent of battery you have left.
Simply go to our website www.triodos.co.uk and in the top right-hand corner you'll see a link for "Login to internet banking".
All you need is your digipass, digipass PIN (which you set yourself), and details regarding the security word you set up when applying for the account.
Please contact us by sending a secure message in internet banking or call us on 0330 355 0355
The digipass is our current method of logging into Internet Banking, we feel this provides a strong level of security. We are looking at future improvements that we can make to our online banking including mobile app features and or login process.
If you are a personal customer and you only hold savings accounts with Triodos - you will have been provided with a username and password for logging into internet banking. If you came to a page which asked for a Digipass number, you were on the ‘Business Banking’ login page. When on the Internet Banking login page, if you click on the ‘Personal Banking’ tab located next to the ‘Business Banking’ tab, you will be asked for your username and password.
If you do not know your internet banking username or password you can reset your internet banking login details.
If you hold a personal current account with Triodos and you havent received a digipass or have lost your digipass please contact us on 0330 355 0355.
If you are a business customer and have requested a Digipass that hasn’t arrived or you have lost a digipass please contact us.
If we are unable to match the information you have entered on our password reset page with the information we hold on record you will need to call our Customer Contact Team on 0330 355 0355 or (+44) 0117 973 9339. We will be able to send a new password to you by post, this will be sent to your registered address. When calling us please have your account number and security details at hand.
If you are trying to log into internet banking for a business account you do not need a username and password but will have a Digipass and PIN. There are separate log in screens for business and personal customers so please ensure that you have clicked on the Business tab after you have clicked the Internet Banking login button.
We're available to take your call between 10:00am-5:00pm on Mondays, 9:00am-5:00pm Tuesday to Friday. At any other time you can request a call back using our automated system. We will do our best to call you back at the time requested but can’t guarantee that it will be at the exact time requested.
In order to safeguard your personal information and money we require a three stage login process for internet banking, one of which involves the use of a digipass. This is similar to the card reader facility at some other banks and is used along with other systems to ensure your finances are kept safe. We constantly review our security measures and publish guidance on steps that can be taken to prevent fraud such as the Take 5 campaign through FFA UK.
We do not charge for digipass or issuing replacements for personal customers. Please ensure that you keep the digipass in a safe place to avoid unnecessary re-issue. Please return any old/unrequired digi passes to us at or freepost address - Freepost TRIODOS BANK - and we will recycle securely on your behalf.
If you no longer require your digipass please return to us using the freepost address - Freepost TRIODOS BANK - and we will recycle it securely for you.
Our primary feature regarding the digipass device is that of security. Our current providers VASCO have confirmed that the digipass can be recycled and if you wish to return your digipass to us if you no longer require it we will recycle it securely on your behalf.
The digipass plastic is recyclable and in line with our sustainability commitment so please send in broken, old, damaged digi passes using the freepost address - Freepost TRIODOS BANK - and we will recycle it securely for you.
You can make payments into your Triodos Current Account by bank transfer or online. If you wish to pay a cheque into your account you can send cheques via our freepost service to our office in Bristol - Freepost TRIODOS BANK. Please include the sort code and account number of the account you wish the cheque to be credited to.
You have various options for contacting Triodos to ask questions or request information. One of which is a secure messaging service which is accessed by logging in to your internet banking. You can send us a secure message and you will also receive secure messages from Triodos from time to time. When we do send you a message you will receive an e mail advising you to log in to internet banking to read it. Secure messages are responded to within our contact team opening hours of 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday, if your request is urgent please call us on 0330 335 0335.
You can change your security word by logging into internet banking, if you are having difficulty accessing your account through internet banking please contact us
Your eligible deposits with Triodos Bank UK Ltd are protected up to a total of £85,000. Learn more about the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
- Contact us immediately on 0330 355 0355 (or if abroad on +44 (0)1179 739339) if:
- You’ve lost your card or suspect it has been stolen
- You’ve lost any of your security details or think they have been stolen
- You think someone else may be able to use your card or security details
For card related queries, we're available 24/7. For other fraud related queries, we're available 8am-6pm Mon-Fri, and 10am-4pm weekends.
2. Once you've contacted us:
- We'll ask you for all information you have about the loss or theft and may require you to report it to the police
- If you find your card after reporting it as lost or stolen do not use it. Destroy your card immediately by cutting through both the magnetic stripe and chip
3. Once you’ve let us know, you can also report it to Action Fraud – the UK’s national fraud and cyber crime reporting centre:
- Call: 0300 123 2040
- Report it online: actionfraud.police.uk
To report your card lost or stolen please call us on 0330 355 0355 (or +44 (0)1179 739339 if calling from abroad) to speak to our 24/7 card services department. Unfortunately we do not have a facility to offer emergency cash in the instance where your card has been lost or stolen. A new debit card should arrive at your home address within five working days.
If you cannot find your card, you can put a temporary block on it by texting TRIODOS LOCK, followed by your six digit access code, followed by the last four digits of the sixteen digit number on the front of your card to 57887. For example, TRIODOS LOCK 123456 1234.
Your access code and the last four digits of your card number can be found in internet banking. This block can be lifted if the card is later found in a safe place
We will not charge you for cash withdrawals from any ATM in the UK. However, some ATM providers may charge for using their machines to withdraw cash. There is a charge for withdrawing cash from abroad, please see our tariff for details.
If you need to change the name on your account please send us a certified copy of the documentation (marriage certificate, deed poll name change, decree nisi) with a covering letter detailing your account numbers and please ensure you sign the letter.
Yes, there are charges for foreign payments. Transactions will be processed using the exchange rate set by Mastercard
- Debit card payment in a foreign currency: 2.5% of the value charged in GBP
- Cash withdrawal in a foreign currency outside the UK: 2.5% of the value charged in GBP
You need to be a UK resident aged 18 or over to be eligible to apply for the Personal Current Account.
- Log into Internet Banking
- Click on the 'Cards' tab and you'll be provided with a six digit access code
- Send a text message to 57887 with the following message: 'TRIODOS PINACT', followed by your access code, followed by the last four digits of your card number - you need a space between sets of numbers. For example: TRIODOS PINACT 123456
- You'll be sent your card PIN via text message within a couple of minutes - don't forget to delete that text message after memorising your PIN
- You're ready to use your card - remember to sign the back
Please note that some mobile providers do not process text messages to 5 digit numbers. If you text and do not receive a response from us please call us as your request will not have been confirmed and processed.
If you need any help activating your account, please call our friendly Bristol-based contact team - they'll have your everyday banking working for people and planet in no time. They're available Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on 0330 355 0355 (+44 117 973 9339 if you are not in the UK).
Need to set up your digipass too? Watch our how-to video.
As you'd expect from a bank, we take security very seriously - here are some things we do to keep you safe. To help you spot fraud, we’d also like you to know the things we’d never do.What we do
- Provide around the clock debit card transaction monitoring
- We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for all calls relating to debit card queries (such as lost or stolen cards)
- Give you the ability to block your card by sending us a text message
- Temporarily block accounts and debit cards if fraudulent activity is suspected
- Log you out of internet banking and the app after a period of inactivity
- Keep you up-to-date with the fraud protection advice
- Use a secure three-stage log in with a digipass for personal current account holders
- As a personal account customer you can receive alerts by text message when online or card transactions are made
- Temporarily suspend your internet banking if left dormant for a long time
- Only contact you via your registered details
We will never contact you out of the blue to ask you:
- for your digipass PIN
- for your card number or PIN
- for your mobile app passcode
- to transfer money out of your account
- to click a link in an email to our internet banking
If in doubt, call us on the number on our website, or delete the email without opening it.