Contact and Help - Personal Banking
What are the tax risks / implications of buying DRs?
As a UK resident you are subject to UK tax. But by investing in this offering your investment will also be subject to tax in the Netherlands. The value of your investment will be affected by taxes levied in the Netherlands because Triodos Bank is resident there. In particular, part of any dividend paid to you by Triodos Bank will be retained by the Dutch tax authorities (Netherlands withholding tax) and may not be recouped by you under any tax treaty between the UK and the Netherlands. Legislation relating to taxation in both countries is subject to change and any future changes may adversely affect the value of your investment. There are further details on the risks associated with investing in the prospectus which you should read thoroughly.
More from the same category of FAQs:
- I have submitted my declaration and now have an application form, what do I do next?
- How will I know when my Depository Receipts have been allocated?
- Can I apply if I live outside the UK?
- Can I apply for Depository Receipts online?
- How do I buy more Depository Receipts?