Contact and Help - Personal Banking
What is an early access penalty?
At our discretion, you may have early access to your savings at short notice (a minimum of 1 day) but, unless we have agreed otherwise, we will charge you the interest due on the amount withdrawn for the part of your notice period for which you haven’t given notice. So if you withdraw £500 on 15 days' notice, from an account set up on 90 days’ notice, then the interest the interest you would have earned on that £500 for 75 days (i.e. 90 minus 15) will be deducted from your account.
More from the same category of FAQs:
- How do I change my address?
- How do I make a complaint?
- Can I change my existing Saver or Cash ISA into an Online Saver or Online Cash ISA?
- What is the limit for a single transaction made by Faster Payments?
- When will Faster Payments be received into the beneficiary’s account?