Contact and Help - Personal Banking
Why have I been asked for ID?
When you open an account with us, we need to obtain sufficient proof of your identity and address. We do this to satisfy our legal obligations and protect you, the public and Triodos Bank against fraud and misuse of the banking system. To help us verify your identity, we may use the details you provide to do electronic searchs about you at credit reference agencies. They will supply us information from databases, including information from the Electoral Register and fraud prevention agencies.
More from the same category of FAQs:
- How do I change my address?
- How do I make a complaint?
- What is an early access penalty?
- Can I change my existing Saver or Cash ISA into an Online Saver or Online Cash ISA?
- What is the limit for a single transaction made by Faster Payments?